Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kalle
Newbie July 2020 Saskatchewan

Bridesman???

Kalle, on January 5, 2019 at 01:43 Posted in Before the wedding 1 20
Do you think it would be appropriate to have a man stand in the bridal party? (Bridesman) I have a male friend who I’m very close with and feel he deserves the honour of being apart of my bridal party. I’m worried that my guests wouldn’t like seeing a man in the bridal party and make a big deal of it

20 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on February 8, 2019 at 13:41
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a male friend on my side.

Man people need to get over the bridal parties being separated by gender. What an antiquated tradition.

Do it. he's important to you and you deserve to have your very best friends by your side on this momentous occasion.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes definitely do it! My FH's best friend is a girl and she is going to be a groomswoman

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Why not include a man in your wedding party and on your side. There is no limit on who you can have. It would be nice if you feel that close to him.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am 100% for this idea, I love that it is becoming more common. I am having a man on my side and my FH is having to women in his side.

• Darcy
    Newbie June 2019 Virginia
    Darcy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

MY FH stood with his sister at her wedding. I think it's totally fine. Remember it's YOUR wedding you do what you want!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes.

My fiance has a girl friend on his side, and I have a guy friend on my side. Its weird to think in our modern society that it would be frowned upon to have close friends of the opposite sex stand up with you on your big day. I say do it if that's what you want.

We're not using titles like bridesmaid and groomsman...everybody is just our wedding party.

Though titles like groomsgal and bromaid where tossed about for a minute Smiley tongue

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unless you're having an extremely religious, formal, conservative wedding... there's no reason why any of your choices need to be explained/justified. It's your wedding, you can do whatever you want to! Honestly, even if it is a religious/formal/conservative wedding, I'd still do it. The honour is about supporting the bride and/or groom, not being a female/male friend!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have my daughter and son standing with me and my FH has his best friend (male) and his daughter standing with him.

We were at a wedding last summer that had a female standing with the groom, and I loved the way they set it up - all the bridesmaids were in long grey dresses and the guys next to the groom were in dark blue suits. The groom's sister was standing with the groom in a dress that was the same style as the bridesmaids dresses, but the same color as the remaining groomsmen's suits - looked to great!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a bridesman! And my FH has a best ma'am!

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Do what makes you happy!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is definitely more than appropriate. You are to have your best friends up by your side - who cares what gender or whatnot they are? Your wedding is about you and you deserve to be the happiest you can be! If you have anybody make any comments about it then you know what to do - "run out" of dessert Smiley tongue Jk, but really though... it's 2019 and people need to get over themselves if they think they have any say in what you do at your wedding.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is the best response
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg its 100% fine!!! I wouldnt be worried about anyone having a problem with it I think it's super cute too! My friend was a grooms woman last year! She wore a white top and grey skirt to match the other groomsmen white tops and grey pants! And then the bridesmaids wore green dresses! You could EASILY tell she was a grooms woman and I thought the whole look was amazing!! I would suggest doing something like this! Have you Bridesman wear something that matches the rest of the girls but still isnt the same as the groomsmen!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You should be able have the people who mean the most to you standing next to you while you get married, regardless of gender! My FH is having a “groomsmaid” as one of his best friends is female! she’ll be wearing a dress the same colour as the groomsman’s ties (eggplant purple) so that it’s cohesive and obvious that she’s supporting my FH.
  • Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m having a bridesman in my party. If people aren’t comfortable with that, they can feel free not to attend. I’m not leaving out one of my best friends on the most important day of my life so that Cousin Judy who I only see once a year feels more comfortable.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely OK if that's what you want! FH is having a best woman since he couldn't imagine not having her in the party.

People may talk but it's your day, do it your way!

• Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely it’s ok! My MOH is a guy and then I have 2 female bridesmaids. They’ll all stand, he’ll be dressed the same as the groomsmen but stand next to me.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have two of my male friends standing with me, and my fiance has his best female friend standing with him. It doesn't matter what others think. It's your wedding - have who you want with you.
  • Gabrielle
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know someone who had her brother by her side. It really doesn’t matter - it’s really about how you feel abd what you want.
    My best friend is also a guy, i have 3 bridesmaids and made him my “bro of honour”. Although he wont be standing, he will be my witness and sign my documents.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No way! It should just be someone you're close with. Guy, girl, monkey-doesn't matter! As long as you want them there and they want to be there that's all that matters Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's YOUR wedding and you should have whomever up there with you. Gender shouldn't determine if someone is close enough to you to be a member of your bride squad, so you do you and have this male friend up there with you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics