Candace
Featured May 2019 Ontario

Bridesmaids Dresses

Candace, on 25/March/2019 at 18:16 Posted in Wedding fashion

How did you decide on your bridesmaids dresses? Did you get all the girls together to go shopping or did they go on their own?

Are they all wearing matching dresses?

Post some inspiration pics below!

Share:

31 Comments

• Deziray
    Beginner August 2019 Ontario
    Deziray ·
    We are doing the infinity dresses. I mentioned them to my girls as an easy and affordable option and they all loved it. They are all the same colour but hey have the freedom to wear them however they like.
  • Rebecca
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    I'm having my maid of honor come with me to looks at bridesmaids dress. We will pick a top 3 and then have all the girls come to try on the styles and pick the most flattering on all. I had a friend who did this and it worked out well! Also not apposed to them wearing different styles, as long as they are all the same colour/long
  • Jo-ann
    Beginner July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jo-ann ·
    My bridesmaids will pick themselves with okay from me. They are my teenage daughters and I want them to love what they are wearing. We have a theme and general style in mind but they get to pick what colour within the pastel range for summer wedding
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·

Hi Candace,

After much contemplation, I decided to pick my bridesmaids dresses for them as I had a specific vision and I was paying for all the dresses. I picked out matching dresses from LULUS and had them send me their measurements so I could order them online. Turned out exactly how I wanted it to look. I think if you are to allow mismatched dresses, try to have everyone do the same length.

DressesBridesmaids Dresses 1

• Candace
    Candace ·
    View quoted message
    Good luck! I hope you all find the dress easily
  • Alexandra
    Super November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    I’m going bridesmaid dress shopping next week and I’ve got most of my bridesmaids going. It’ll be exciting!
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    View quoted message

Thanks ! They just came in. I am super excited for all the girls to try them on.

• Candace
    Candace ·
    View quoted message

Those are such cute dresses!

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    We ordered online. I gave my girls general guidelines. (Colour, cut, length, material, and no sleeves ). The only one I allowed to vary was my moh cause I’m okay if she stands out, plus she’s got a lot to hold in up top. I had them all send me their top 2/3 choices. (I wanted to make sure if we were going different people didn’t pick the same dress, or if everyone picked the same one in their top three we would go with that one). They all chose different but I think they will go well together.

My maid of honour is the one with the bow, double layered skirt and sleeves.
    The silver is for our grooms woman. Wanted a similar style dress, but the colour to match the men’s suits.

Bridesmaids Dresses 2

Bridesmaids Dresses 3

Bridesmaids Dresses 4

Bridesmaids Dresses 5

Bridesmaids Dresses 6
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Candace
    Candace ·
    View quoted message

This is a stunning dress! And it can totally be worn outside a wedding setting. Glad you were able to figure it out even though you had some roadblocks to overcome.

• Candace
    Candace ·
    View quoted message

Oh no, rogue MOH cause all kind of problems. Hopefully it still looks alright with your dress and isn't awful.

• Kelsie
    Super July 2020 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    View quoted message
    Every wedding I’ve been to has bridal party drama and I just didn't want to deal with that.

my social circle is super small so that helps too!
  • Candace
    Candace ·
    View quoted message

That is exactly how everyone wants it to work out I think, lucky you! It makes it all so much easier when the bridal party can all agree so easily and quickly

• Allison
    Featured October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    View quoted message

Alternating colours, 2 will be in blue, the other 2 in purple.

• Candace
    Candace ·
    View quoted message

That is such a lovely colour dress, and it looks so comfy. You really did luck out only having one person in your bridal party!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles