Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Louise
Devoted September 2017 Quebec

Bridesmaids bouquets

Louise, on January 18, 2017 at 19:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24
Hi Everyone, I saw this idea on pinterest and I kind of like it. What are your thoughts on not having bridesmaids bouquets and wearing a corsage instead?

Bridesmaids bouquets - 1

Bridesmaids bouquets - 2

24 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on April 7, 2017 at 01:39
  • Katherine
    Frequent user August 2017 Quebec
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree about needed something to do with your hands while you walk down the aisle, and also corsages are normally for female family members to wear to stand out from the guests. So mother/mother in law, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, while the male family members get boutonnières. It's always special for grandparents and other family members to have something to make them stand out from the crowd!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Valerie! This is such a beautiful mix of colours! Smiley love Did you find a florist yet? Will you order a lot of flowers for your decorations too? Smiley smile

• Ashleigh
    Curious May 2018 New Brunswick
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never thought of corsages!! I like the idea. It's something different but subtle ☺️
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is gorgeous!!!

• Louise
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Emilie, I am planning on having a bouquet like this. It matches my bridesmaids dresses.

Bridesmaids bouquets 1
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am thinking a nice dark red or burgundy, maybe with some gold accents! Smiley shame

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love them! Smiley love They're going to be so perfect!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There's a pic of them... they're so pretty!

Bridesmaids bouquets - 1
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love it!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The BM's all have an ivory colour (to match my bouquet) and then I got myself a sweet purple one (OF COURSE)... but I won't use it until the reception

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love this idea! I know we were all wishing we had a little purse to throw some stuff in on the wedding day. What colour will the purses be?

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You too Kacy! Woot woot!!! We're getting married!!!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're welcome Kacy! Smiley heart I'm glad to see you liked the idea! What colours will your bridesmaids be wearing? Smiley smile

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love this idea! As well as the ideas given in the comments... I may just propose something like this for my bridal party Smiley smile thanks for the ideas and discussion! Wishing you all the best for your special days! Smiley smile Smiley shame
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's amazing Louise! I love the idea! Smiley love Is that what you'll go for? What type of flowers do you want for your wedding?

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love them! I do agree with Sam though and that it may not be the best idea if they are walking down the aisle alone!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They're perfect!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My BMs are so excited to have a purse! And I was all for non traditional. So I thought functional AND pretty would be nice Smiley xd

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lovely idea Valerie! Purses are beautiful!!!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I fully agree with Sam! I wanted something non-traditional for my girls (because there would be no where for them to really put them during dinner and it just made me think... why not do something else?!?) I just went ahead and asked my girls if they would like a corsage, bouquet, lantern or something, or nothing. And they all said they wanrted to have something to hold because they felt uncomfortable without it! So I went with these purses! They'll carry them as a clutch down the aisle and then there's a strap if they want for the reception.

What gifts will you give to your wedding party? - 4

• Louise
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Sam,
    I was planning to have the groomsmen walk in with the bridesmaids Smiley smile I agree with you though. I like the idea of them walking together.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great idea! But I agree with Sam. If they are walking down with the groomsmen it would work! Not so much in their own. But they are very pretty!!!
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are beautiful! Love that idea!

The only thing I can think of though is that bouquets give the bridesmaids something to do with their hands when they walk down the aisle. Are you having the bridesmaids walk in with the groomsman? If you are, they could link arms and then they wouldn't have to worry about hand placement. Mine walked themselves so it might have been a little awkward to have their arms hanging down at their sides or swinging back and forth as they walked down the aisle.

We did corsages for our moms and they were so beautiful! I wanted one for myself!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think they are great and also a good idea. Go for it!Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics