Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenny
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted!

Jenny, on July 2, 2019 at 16:39 Posted in Before the wedding 0 40
Hey everyone!

I’ve already asked my girls to be in my wedding but it was just in casual conversation, so I want to give them bridesmaid/maid of honour boxes with goodies in them and “officially ask them”.

Drop ideas/pictures of what you put in your boxes down below! TIA 💕

40 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on July 5, 2019 at 17:40
  • Rebecca
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did mine for about $40 each - wine tumblers engraved with their names with a bottle of champagne. I added custom cards to them with "will you be my bridesmaid or moh" and wrote why they were so important to us
  • Brittany
    Newbie March 2020 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bridesmaid ProposalBridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 1

I "proposed" to my best friends with the above- a necklace, charcoal mask, concert tickets, nail polish, candy, a drink and a Tshirt" !

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This idea is small yet doable as you put your final gift together towards the end for the girls.

th?id=OIP.mgxj3oTec8qqj8OPPE_yKQHaJ4&w=1

• Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally agree with bridesbabes...tests exactly what we call our squad. "Maid" seems so dated or outdated...
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww the necklace is so cute!
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

cute idea 1Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 2

cute idea 2Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 3

• Rosalind
    Beginner August 2021 Alberta
    Rosalind ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best suggestion if you are planning on getting a re-usable gift- don't get 'bridesmaid' inscribed anywhere on it, as it will probably never be used again! i def don't use anything in public that says 'bridesmaid' that i've been given- and never would! i'd opt for their name or initials instead **and that's if you feel you MUST personalize- i'd guess more of the party would be happier if gifts weren't personalized at all! jus my 2c Smiley smile

• C
    Newbie July 2020 British Columbia
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had personalized cards made for them to ask if they'd be my brides babe. Originally I wanted to do a "ask box" but I didn't want them to feel pressured or obligated to commit if they weren't able to for some reason. I chose to word brides babe and babe of honor cause i hate the word "maid". I feel they shouldn't be maids to the bride. I will get them a brides babe gift box later on.

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 4

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 5
  • Kathleen
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Kathleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my boxes to my bridesmaids I put a picture frame with a picture of the two of us. I put stickers on the frame to write out their role and an adjective to describe them. I filled a mason jar with candy and wrote “you’re sweet” on the mason jar. I printed off a card and wrote a personal message to each girl. I added a bath bomb. Finally, I found these lockets on Etsy. Inside the locket is a tiny piece of paper asking the girl to be my bridesmaid. I had a lot of fun putting the boxes together. Pinterest was definitely a big help for coming up with ideas.

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 6
  • Kelsey
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made 4 boxes for $120 including boxes! I had a facemask, nail polish, a mug that I personalized to say bridesmaid/moh, a little makeup bag that I also personalized to say their names on one side, and bridesmaid /moh and the date on the other. I also made bracelets for each and slippers I found at Walmart that said "bride tribe". I added some ring pops for fun and was done! They were very well received 😊

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 7

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 8

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 9

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 10
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh this is a really cool idea, love it

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gave my girls hair ties from 'love mia and co' that say bridesmaid on them, I'm going to be splurging a bit more on their wedding day gifts so I didn't do anything huge for the proposal but they still loved them!

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww the puzzle idea is so cute!
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww I love the card idea!
  • T
    Tiani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I’ll share the results when I’m done!
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did a box with a personalized puzzle, alex and ani bracelet, picture frame so they can put the puzzle if they want and a proseco bottle. The puzzles have been the absolute best!
    There is a pic for reference (sorry lighting is bad).

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 11
  • L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sure by now you’ve got ideas of what you want to put in the box. Something I did that I thought was sentimental/unique was instead of a card I printed out pictures of me and each bridesmaid/flower girl and used it as the card. I wrote each one a different saying asking them to be part of the wedding! They loved it and it made it a bit more personal for each one. I punched a hole in the corner and tied it to their bags with string.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did robes with bridesmaid on the back. earrings and necklaces, a compact mirror with their initials on them and we put it all in a box with a picture of them on the front.
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Everything looks so cute!
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the message so much 😂
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s such a cool idea with the gin!
  • T
    Tiani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi!

I'm going to have a bakers dozen of bridesmaids, so I opted to be very DIY. One thing I'm doing is make an infused gin for each girl. I'ver ordered pretty glass bottles from Amazon and got a big bottle of gin and I will be infusing it to make it a marigold gin. A really simple process, but it needs time to infuse.

All the best!

Tiani

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wish I had gotten a bigger box lol but I did a candle, handmade soap, face mask and nail polish. On the day of I will get them another gift like bracelet or something

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 12
  • E
    Newbie September 2020 Alberta
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm just waiting on one more order but my girls are getting a shot glass ( it says team bride on it), nail polish, a braclet ( the bridesmaids get silver and my maid if honor get gold), a bottle opener, and fun card that says " at least act surprised that I asked you to be my bridesmaids/maid if Honor.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a box with name on it- steamless wine glass with title and name, makeup bag, wine label with saying bride tribe and info with wine, and something else-

Only issue is now when trying to do a gift for the day of- I feel like spent a lot already on it and don't want to do much. I would suggest going small and don't do items that could be gifts on main day.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I asked my girls with personalized robes and a beach charm with a cute ocean-themed poem (for our destination wedding.) I knew I wanted the robes so it was kind of two birds with one stone!

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 13
  • Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is how I proposed. With a note and a ring pop. It was cute simple and inexpensive. I have purchased a great gift for each of my bridal party. No need to spend a bunch of money on the bridesmaid proposal.

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 14
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did the same thing! Found a good Canadian shop on Etsy that did wine bottle labels for me! Personalized for each girl!
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You definitely can’t go wrong with candy haha
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine were out of town so I used Sugar Wish and sent them all their favorite candies with a cheesy poem attached.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Makes more sense that way and budget what you would like to put together per bridesmaid eventually.

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I LOVE the candle idea!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics