Jenny
Curious October 2020 Ontario

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted!

Jenny, on 2/July/2019 at 16:39 Posted in Before the wedding
Hey everyone!

I’ve already asked my girls to be in my wedding but it was just in casual conversation, so I want to give them bridesmaid/maid of honour boxes with goodies in them and “officially ask them”.

Drop ideas/pictures of what you put in your boxes down below! TIA 💕
Share:

40 Comments

• Rebecca
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    I did mine for about $40 each - wine tumblers engraved with their names with a bottle of champagne. I added custom cards to them with "will you be my bridesmaid or moh" and wrote why they were so important to us
  • Brittany
    Newbie March 2020 Ontario
    Brittany ·

Bridesmaid ProposalBridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 1

I "proposed" to my best friends with the above- a necklace, charcoal mask, concert tickets, nail polish, candy, a drink and a Tshirt" !

• Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·

This idea is small yet doable as you put your final gift together towards the end for the girls.

th?id=OIP.mgxj3oTec8qqj8OPPE_yKQHaJ4&w=1

• Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    View quoted message
    Totally agree with bridesbabes...tests exactly what we call our squad. "Maid" seems so dated or outdated...
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    View quoted message
    Aww the necklace is so cute!
  • Taylor
    Frequent user October 2020 Alberta
    Taylor ·

cute idea 1Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 2

cute idea 2Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 3

• Rosalind
    Beginner August 2020 Alberta
    Rosalind ·

My best suggestion if you are planning on getting a re-usable gift- don't get 'bridesmaid' inscribed anywhere on it, as it will probably never be used again! i def don't use anything in public that says 'bridesmaid' that i've been given- and never would! i'd opt for their name or initials instead **and that's if you feel you MUST personalize- i'd guess more of the party would be happier if gifts weren't personalized at all! jus my 2c

• C
    Newbie July 2020 British Columbia
    Colleen ·
    I had personalized cards made for them to ask if they'd be my brides babe. Originally I wanted to do a "ask box" but I didn't want them to feel pressured or obligated to commit if they weren't able to for some reason. I chose to word brides babe and babe of honor cause i hate the word "maid". I feel they shouldn't be maids to the bride. I will get them a brides babe gift box later on.

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 4

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 5
  • Kathleen
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Kathleen ·
    In my boxes to my bridesmaids I put a picture frame with a picture of the two of us. I put stickers on the frame to write out their role and an adjective to describe them. I filled a mason jar with candy and wrote “you’re sweet” on the mason jar. I printed off a card and wrote a personal message to each girl. I added a bath bomb. Finally, I found these lockets on Etsy. Inside the locket is a tiny piece of paper asking the girl to be my bridesmaid. I had a lot of fun putting the boxes together. Pinterest was definitely a big help for coming up with ideas.

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 6
  • Kelsey
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    I made 4 boxes for $120 including boxes! I had a facemask, nail polish, a mug that I personalized to say bridesmaid/moh, a little makeup bag that I also personalized to say their names on one side, and bridesmaid /moh and the date on the other. I also made bracelets for each and slippers I found at Walmart that said "bride tribe". I added some ring pops for fun and was done! They were very well received 😊

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 7

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 8

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 9

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 10
  • Erin
    Super May 2020 Ontario
    Erin ·
    View quoted message

Oh this is a really cool idea, love it

• Michelle
    Frequent user October 2020 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·

I gave my girls hair ties from 'love mia and co' that say bridesmaid on them, I'm going to be splurging a bit more on their wedding day gifts so I didn't do anything huge for the proposal but they still loved them!

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    View quoted message
    Aww the puzzle idea is so cute!
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    View quoted message
    Aww I love the card idea!
  • Tiani
    Newbie July 2020 British Columbia
    Tiani ·
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I’ll share the results when I’m done!
  • Daniela
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    I did a box with a personalized puzzle, alex and ani bracelet, picture frame so they can put the puzzle if they want and a proseco bottle. The puzzles have been the absolute best!
    There is a pic for reference (sorry lighting is bad).

Bridesmaid proposal ideas wanted! 11

Comment on this discussion

Related articles