Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Curious April 2020 Alberta

Bridesmaid proposal gift

Erin, on November 10, 2018 at 16:14 Posted in DIY 0 13
What did everyone do for their bridesmaid proposal gift !? I have attached mine, all of my girls have to travel from Toronto area to Banff for the wedding so I wanted to use the gift as a souvenir opportunity but now I’m wondering if it’s not going wedding themed enough.

Bridesmaid proposal gift 1

13 Comments

Latest activity by Cindy, on January 8, 2019 at 20:47
  • Cindy
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Super cute and thoughtful!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I ordered the labels from Etsy. And then had to take the labels off the bottles and put the new ones on. Pretty simple!
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you print the labels And just place it over? Or did you order the wine like that?
  • Erin
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! All the girls loved the gifts!!!

• A
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love this idea!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

While I don't have a bridal party (meaning I haven't done this), I agree with Brittany below - your guests will more likely hang on to and appreciate your gift because it's not tailored too much to your wedding.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Non-weddingy gifts are the best. 5 years from now I'd rather have something that can be up/out in my house than something that will look more tacky (in my opinion) being wedding "themed". For example, I went full gimicky, and made my bridesmaids stemless wine glasses with vinyl lettering that says "Maid of Honour", "Bridesmaid", even Mother of the Bride/Groom, with their initial on the other side. It's cute, but it's not super versatile (I have a vinyl cutter and got the glasses from the dollar store so it was a super economical choice).

I think this picture is cute. I'd actually like it Smiley laugh I think it'll be great. It will always remind them of the memory of going to Banff for your wedding, too!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a GREAT gift. who cares if its wedding-y at all. I would love a gift like that.

I bought knot bracelets from amazon and got them each a different/unique to them proposal card from zazzle. and mailed it to them. I think I spent less than 30 total (including mailing it).

I wasn't even going to do anything. but with 3 of my 4 bridesmaids living in a different city (and one in a different country). I thought it was a cute thing to do.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t do one, I couldn’t wait to ask everyone in order to actually put something together 😂 But this is super cute! It’s relevant and a nice keepsake!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did bottles of wine for my ladies. Small, reasonably priced, and they can either drink it or keep it!

Bridesmaid proposal gift 2
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gave my MOH a pair of earrings in the shape of bows, on a card with "I couldn't tie the knot without you." I thought it was cute without being over the top.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that it's fine! Most people I know that got married didn't do any proposal type things so anything is appreciated!

For mine I will be putting a bottles of wine, a bracelet, a hat, and maybe a candle? Just something small. I'll be giving mine within this month for sure - hold me to it! lol I've had the items for like 3 months and haven't put them together still Smiley tongue

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think those are great! It doesn't have to be a wedding-related gift. I didn't do gifts; I just asked them, but if I were receiving a gift, I would prefer something like you did that isn't wedding related because I would be able to use it more often than just at the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics