Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Bridesmaid proposal boxes

Tori, on November 20, 2018 at 07:21 Posted in DIY 0 25

So I finally got my bridesmaid proposal boxes done and I thought I would share!
I had already asked them if they would be interested but wanted to seal the deal and show them all just how much I appreciate them. Plus these boxes look so cute and it was my first DIY!!
Inside is:
- a pink SQUAD hat
- a bachelorette party bracelet
- a candle that smells awesome!
- an EOS lip balm
- and a bottle of wine that they like with a sticker asking the big question! (And yes, I did have to find a vegan wine - so I put at least a little effort into these Smiley tongue )
What did you put in your bridesmaid proposal boxes if you did or are doing them?

Bridesmaid proposal boxes 1

25 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on December 6, 2018 at 09:23
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will be giving them a gift on the day of as well, these were just something to make it official Smiley smile I'm thinking I'll give them jewellery or something on my wedding day or the night before when we have the rehearsal dinner.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm glad you like it! I got the hat from Urban Planet, the candle+wrapping paper+filler paper from Dollar Tree..., EOS lip balms from Costco (6-pack), the wine from Liquor Mart (only place to buy alc. from in MB other than a beer vendor), and the box was just from work but was originally what we kept our envelopes in. All in all, each box cost about $25-$30.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are all so cute!

We’re not having a wedding party so unfortunately I won’t be assembling proposal boxes.

Q. Are you giving day of gifts to your bridesmaids etc in addition to these proposal boxes or just this beforehand gift?
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    People be your idea. Where did you get the everything. Lol I am feeling inspired to do this now. Help me girl lol❤️
  • Cassandra
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our theme is modern with medieval flare. So little things are going to have that medieval flare so I made up titles (most are actually real) so they can feel like royalty lol
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg that looks so cute and I love the wording that you used Smiley tongue

• Cassandra
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine aren't as grand as my headcanon would like to think they are. With time constraints and funds I was only able to really make it sub par. The wedding is themed so all my bridesmaids are wearing tiaras this is the one for my flower girl. It's quaint haha but I'm kinda loving it

Bridesmaid proposal boxes 2
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so cute! Your squad is lucky to have you Smiley smile

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you looked into what it would cost if you bought a pre-made box off of Amazon and had it shipped there? I don't have an actual address to see what it costs but it's worth a look! (The box's themselves are about $25.)

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very cute!!! I am excited to do mine soon.

• Keisha
    Beginner August 2019 British Columbia
    Keisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ahhh would love to do the same!! One of my bridesmaids is currently living in Belgium and I don't think she'd even be able to make it to any of the events prior to the wedding day itself... So sad. I want to send her one of these but it'll probably cost me an arm and a leg just for shipping Smiley cry

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that sounds perfect!! I think I will steal that idea of the soaps and face masks for the MOB and MOG so they can have a day off after the wedding (would give it before but I've heard tons of horror stories of trying new products before the big day and having reactions to them!!).

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ugghhhhhhh I WISH my FH would do something like that for his groomsmen and bestmen but alas, he thinks it's too much of a millennial thing as well as girly Smiley atonished

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love it! That’s really cute.
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine was simple. Just a box with a ring pop and asking if they would be.my bridesmaid.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are so cute, I love what you're including. I'm not having bridesmaids, but I made a little card with earrings shaped like bows for my maid of honour when I asked her (to help me "tie the knot" lol).

I am planning on putting together a MOH emergency kit closer to the day, as well as Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom boxes. I will be including jewelry, soaps, candles, face masks, that kind of thing Smiley smile

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cute! Love the pink hat. I did these boxes for my girls - included nail polishes, lip gloss, lipstick, bath bombs, and face scrubs, plus some snacks! The groomsmen also got a proposal box with a bottle of rum, cigar, and a shot glass!

Bridesmaid proposal boxes 3

Bridesmaid proposal boxes 4
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very cute !!!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds perfect! I was considering getting them a bracelet like that but figured I will wait till the big day to give them that as well as maybe pay for the hair and makeup or something.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol nice! Gotta love dollar stores!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Super cute and fun!

I didn't do the full proposal. I bought a knot bracelet on amazon. and a funny/unique card for each of them from zazzle (I am obsessed with this site). and mailed it to them. all of my bridesmaids live out of town or country besides 1. so I went simple. and cheesy with the "help me tie the knot"

• K
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Katlynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love this ! Smiley smile
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, it's actually from Dollar Tree! lol Totally scored on it!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A little effort? Haha, seems like you put in quite a bit of effort. Very cute! I'm sure your girls will appreciate them!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very nice!! The wrapping paper is very cute too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics