Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kasey
Beginner February 2022 Ontario

Bridesmaid Dresses

Kasey, on October 29, 2020 at 21:55 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10

Hi All!

I'm hoping to get some options. I'm having trouble finding bridesmaids dresses. My wedding is a February winter wedding, with the colours being dark forest/emerald green which matches this dress. I like the idea of not having a cookie cutter dress for them. I didn't want something basic from Davids Bridal. I found this one, and I'm getting mixed reviews from the girls. They like it, but they think it's not formal enough, and that it could be longer. I really like it, and it's also something they could wear again.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks !!!

Bridesmaid Dresses 1

10 Comments

Latest activity by Patricia, on November 1, 2020 at 20:14
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Okay so I know you said not David’s bridal- but my party is wearing this dress in a different colour and we fell in love with the emerald colour it looks so great! Bridesmaid Dresses 2

• Kasey
    Beginner February 2022 Ontario
    Kasey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You all have been super helpful. I appreciate your input! I have some time to keep looking (thank god).

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's a nice dress but I don't think it's something that everyone would necessarily be comfortable in. I also notice that it's by Wilfred - not only do they not have a very inclusive size range, if I remember correctly most of their dresses are made from a crepe fabric. This tends to not be the most flattering or forgiving fabric and also has minimal stretch. Just some things to think about if not all of your bridesmaids have a similar body type to the model in the photo.

If all of your bridesmaids are okay with the style itself and the only concern is with the formality, then I think that's completely up to you. I do think with the right hairstyles and accessories you could make this more formal. But it's never going to be black tie or anything like that.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think most people actually end up wearing a bridesmaids dress again, so if that is a big selling feature I wouldn't lean to heavily on that.

I agree with some of the others, while cookie cutter sounds boring it is more likely to be universally flattering and sites like azazie give you the option of different necklines in an identical color if you want to let your girls choose a bit. If I were in a winter wedding I would want to be able to wear tights under the dress because I'm always cold, and the shorter options make that much harder than a floor length dress.
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also just noticed you are getting married in February... it’s going to be quite cold.
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this dress looks ok on a model but hideous on real people. But it doesn’t look like it’s for a wedding. They are right I’m sure you can find nicer while still being non traditional
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting my dresses from Azazie, as they have so many colour options and different styles.

I'm not sure exactly what your style is, but I just found this one in a quick search:

Bridesmaid Dresses 3

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just to add on to Arexy's point that it is a bit risque, depending on how chesty your bridesmaids are, that plunging heart neckline might take focus away from you in ways you don't want them to. lol

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s quite risqué. Also, be aware of your bridesmaids body types because not everyone will be comfortable wearing this. I was highly conscious of my bridesmaids body styles, and budget. Sometimes those cookie cutter dresses are perfect because they suit everyone. My girls ordered from dress and charm, the colour was stunning, dress was quality material, and a very reasonable price. All the girls wrapped it differently and it looks wonderful.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They're right though, it isn't a formal dress but if you're okay with it, then go for it. If your wedding dress is also not full length, then there's consistency.

Another thing about this dress is, if you're taking outdoor photos at all, these dresses can't hide the heavy duty winter footwear.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics