Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Bridesmaid Dress Mess Up

Tori, on September 4, 2019 at 16:07 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 27

Ughhhhhh!!!!

K - rant time.

Sooooo, I just got a call from the store we bought the bridesmaids dresses from... good news and bad news. Good news - all 5 dresses are in and ready for pick up/ taken to be altered elsewhere (they don't have a seamstress there). Bad news - my MOH/Sister's dress wasn't made correctly. OF COURSE! Can't anything be how it's supposed to be????

First my dress has to be reordered because it was ripped by the beading on it - and now at a completely different store my Sister's dress is messed up... I think it's in our DNA to have dresses not work out...

The problem with the dress - as minor as it is - is not minor to me (as of right now because I haven't seen it yet). We ordered her dress with the top portion of it ordered in a matte sequin that is the same colour as the rest of the dress and the other girls dresses. Which means - they received it with shiny sequins!! It's not the store's fault; I am aware. It's the place they order from to make the dress that messed up.

I'm not sure how it will look but I know I didn't want sparkly sequins for a reason otherwise I would have let my MOH/Sister order it that way though...

Either way the store has to make up for it... just a matter of how. Either with a small reimbursement, somehow fix it with alterations that they pay for, or give a discount towards buying something else there (I do enjoy their other clothing that isn't BM dresses...)

Thanks for reading Smiley smile Really think that this month before the wedding I will be making a few more of these Smiley tongue

27 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on September 6, 2019 at 21:09
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At least it is good that the mistake was made on the MOH dress. That one doesn't have to look 100% like the rest. Good thing you are able to roll with the punches hopefully that is the end of the wardrobe malfunctions....
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohh okay. At least you got the full reimbursement! I am sorry to hear didn't come in how you wanted!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We got the full reimbursement and are going to have to just deal with it.

I will say that it looks a lot worse in store than when we brought it home and had my Sister wear it near the windows for natural light. Here's the pic of the dress up close side by side:

Bridesmaid Dress Mess Up 1On the left was in the store and the top looked COMPLETELY different and way lighter. Then on the right is at home on my sister and although there is a difference it's not as bad in that lighting.

Nothing left that we can do unfortunately.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What are you planning to do then?

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sadly with all the criteria it would have to meet that isn't possible. We would need a certain size or bigger, same colour, same material, with sequins. Otherwise they could rush order a plain dress for her that will take 2 weeks to come in and would be pointless without the sequins. Especially with needing alterations that would not be ideal for timing.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww I am so sorry Tori!! Are you able to get a new dress or off rack before the wedding?

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They didn't think it could be fixed which is why we ended up opting for a full reimbursement :/ They offered to pay for alterations but the alterations that would be done are minimal and we can do ourselves,

I asked my Baba (seamstress) and my Dad (her son) if there was any fixing it and they both said that there was nothing that could really be done to fix the sequins at this point. Only suggestion I had was if we took matte nail polish to it and see if that worked but that's a lot of sequins and it probably won't end well Smiley tongue

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OF COURSE! Jeez Tori that is bad luck I am so sorry to hear! Its hard on stores when places like this order from another place but in the end its the stores issue. Did the store say if with alterations it could be fixed or did they have any suggestions?

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol I hear ya!! I feel like there's a few of us so in good company Smiley laugh

It's definitely one of those things you just have to roll with the punches and keep a positive attitude.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol right????? It's our time to shine!! - about time too! We've been on here for over a year and a half!

Ya, gotta look on the bright side! It's also why I like improv - there is no script so there is no messing up!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a feeling a lot of us October brides are gonna be super stressed out/flooding WW Community this month!! Smiley xd

Definitely sucks that the manufacturer messed up, but at least you got reimbursed!! Also none of your guests will know it's the wrong dress - just you, your sister and FH. It does suck that it's not in line with the original dress vision, but I'm sure your guests will be none the wiser! I do get the frustration though - if this happened to me I'd also be steamed about it!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I lost 4 so my dress had to be taken in lots. But it was fine. And looks stunning now. One of my bridesmaids had her dress taken in and was somehow taken in too much and now has to be let back out which is really frustrating. She is not impressed with my seamstress but she is fixing it for free. I feel bad but In love my seamstress and think she will fix it no problem.
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ya, I'm hoping that not many alterations will have to be done or hopefully they are really easy so that maybe my Baba who is a seamstress or my Dad who grew up with his Mom as one can do them. If it's major (one girl lost at least 3 dress sizes of weight) then we need to worry a little more...

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My seamstress is awesome it takes her a week tops to finish everything. I'm so lucky I found her
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Man oh man - I hate how long alterations take! I mean, I could do them myself but they wouldn't be as professional... but they don't take thaaaat long so it sucks when they say 2-3 weeks for alterations when I know darn well it takes at most an hour for what we need done!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugh - I’m so sorry, that is ridiculously annoying.

glad you got a full reimbursement though, as you should because the dress isn’t what you ordered!

I like your attitude, if not much can be done, at least it’s a funny story for later.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yikes, I'm currently waiting for MOH dress to come in. Wont be in until the 16th. Also my flower girl lives 3 hours away and my seamstress is where I live so we have to alter it without her here, mail it to her to have her try it on, mail it back to us and then finish the alterations. Yikes!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no! Lol guys have the best problem solving ideas when it comes to our stuff!
    Hopefully it looks good with everyone else’s dresses
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha, agreed! Roll with the punches! At the end of the day, it's about marrying the person you love - just gotta keep that in mind!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Feel better, I'm not going to fret about it now but I would have preferred the matte sequins that matched in colour completely

OMG, okay - good luck!! Just got to keep telling myself that things like this will make for a good story and that you (hopefully) only have 1 wedding and then you never deal with this again on this level of commitment.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How do you feel about it now that you've seen it?? Hopefully better!

I literally found out tonight (17 days until my wedding) that one of the groomsmen's suits is COMPLETELY the wrong colour... My fiance is going to tackle that tomorrow... I'm kinda beside myself... 🙃🙃🙃
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can't rush it out as it's sequins but they did reimburse me for it :/

Not as bad - just for sure not what I had ordered...

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's such a sucky situation because they (allegedly) ordered it matte but the manufacturer/warehouse/designer was the one who messed up Smiley sad

Ended up getting a full reimbursement! Still going to see if we can fix it at all but I doubt much can be done to it. FH said we should colour it with markers Smiley tongue

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sadly no, because it is sequins there is no way to rush it in time for my wedding so the best they could do is rush a plain dress and that wouldn't get here for another 2 weeks plus we will need alterations after that yet.

It for sure is quite a difference of colour ------ BUT it depends on the lighting:

left side = in store & right side = at home in natural lightBridesmaid Dress Mess Up 2

Not as big of a difference in natural light which makes me feel better - but it's still not what I ordered... Ended up getting reimbursed our money though :/

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry that this is happening to you, Tori! Hopefully when you see the dress, it's not as bad as you're envisioning. Either way, I hope they're able to rush order the right dress or reimburse you somehow.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Super frustrating when it is out of your hands.
    I would hope if they can’t re order the dress on rush that they would reimburse you somehow, because they were the ones who messed up the order!
    I feel ya with this last month frustrations! It’s gonna be a good month!
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh! Frustrating!

I'm assuming there's no way they can get another one rushed??

That said - and I know this may not be exactly what you want to hear - maybe wait until you see it to decide if you really hate it or not?? I know it may not be in your vision, but it might be a lot worse than you think!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics