Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Breanne
Frequent user September 2019 Alberta

Bridesmaid Attire

Breanne, on September 25, 2018 at 20:13 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 22
Hello Everyone!

My bridesmaids have started to ask what colour of shoes I would like them to wear and quite frankly I haven’t given this much thought.

Their dresses are floor-length, burgundy, and chiffon. They’re all different styles but follow those general guidelines.

What color of shoes would go best? I know you won’t really see them since the dresses are floor-length, but I’m still curious as to hear some opinions.

For reference, our other colours are navy blue, cream, and gold.

Also, they’re asking for opinions on how they should get their hair and makeup done on the big day. If I have an updo, should they all have theirs down? If I have a more glam bridal makeup look, should they be more natural?

Thanks! 😊

22 Comments

Latest activity by Breanne, on September 26, 2018 at 19:00
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Casey!!! 😊 I like the idea of having something in common, to tie everyone together!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So true! I’m not paying for their hair and makeup either, so I don’t want to have to much of a say!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your feedback Jennifer! 😊
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with all the ladies on here. Cream or gold shoes would look great, and since they are floor length dresses you wouldn't really see them.

My girls will be in burgundy full length dresses and I am also giving them the option of gold or nude shoes.

As for hair and makeup, the girls do not know it yet but this is part of their gift from me because I would like everyone to have makeup on, but will leave it up to them as to how much. I just want to keep the colours the same.

For hair, I will be having a full updo to show off the back of my dress ( my hair touches my butt, and I love the back of my dress, don't want to cover that up) The one thing I think I want to do is have everyone with a braid in their hair somewhere to match my hair.

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem. As for makeup and hair, I had no guidelines. I didn’t pay for it, so I didn’t want to impose any further. I just said don’t do anything that will clash like lime green eyeshadow lol.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go with nude or gold (as long as not sparkly) on the shoes. and whatever shoe style they want.

for hair. I would want them all uniform. so for my girls, since it is a july wedding. I want all their hair up. I don't care if its a fancy bun, curled updo. whatever. their choice.

as for makeup. I want them comfortable. I don't want anyone to be super glam if i'm not. but I don't the no makeup look either. 2 of my girls were NO makeup. so they will probably want more natural. my one bridesmaid and I LOVE makeup. so she will probably have a bit more pop.

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Sydney! 😊 They can definitely pick any style of shoe they like and I wouldn’t mind them being slightly different shades at all. Definitely something to think about!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Allison! 😊
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids also wore floor length burgundy dresses! I asked them all to wear nice shoes, but told them to pick any kind they’d like - heels, wedges, flats, etc. they were all *slightly* different shades, but you couldn’t even tell! They all had their hair up, and I had mine down. We all did a very similar makeup look - nothing too overdone!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree that gold, black or cream shoe would look good. They could probably get whatever style since your dresses are long. I'm still hashing out the details for my girls' attire, but if I have them in short dresses, I'll have them in silver shoes. If they are long, I'll be less picky and say they can go with black, white, or silver.

As for hair and makeup, I feel as long as they don't out-do you, they'll still look great! Most of my bridal party is terrified of outdoing me but I tell them not to worry too much. I'm getting either a half-up or an up-do and most of them said they'll probably just wear theirs down and curl nice. I'll go bolder with my make-up and the girls said they'll keep it on the natural side.

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Melissa! 😊 I also agree that it’s not a big deal since the shoes won’t be showing!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Michelle! 😊 Thank you so much for your feedback!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Peggy! 😊 Thank you so much for your advice! That’s a great idea! That way everyone feels comfortable and like themselves.
  • Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I let everyone choose their own shoes, it didn’t matter to me since their dresses were floor length. Some girls wore black, others nude, sparkly, etc. Their dresses were also burgundy.
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go with gold or black!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm giving my girls general guidelines, but that's it - Same colour and length of dress, but they can pick their own styles. They can wear any black or nude or silver shoe with it, any height. They can do whatever they want with their hair - two are going with down (they have short bobs) and two are doing updos (but I know them and trust them not to outshine me - plus we're using the same hairstylist, and she's my regular girl, so she'll have my back). For makeup, I'm with Tori - They can do what they want, but don't outshine me. Again, we're using the same MUA so I'm not worried about this.

For your BM's shoes, I would agree with nude, cream or gold!

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That will look so amazing Stephanie! Great idea! 😊

Thank you so much for your opinion!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing my girls in a Regency purple, floor length and going with gold jewellery and shoes! Since the shoes will be mostly covered I've told them they can pick any shoes they want just keep it gold!! I think Burgundy with Gold would look great too! Especially if it's already an accent colour!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Emma! I hadn’t considered black! 😊
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Tori! I was thinking cream or gold as well! And I definitely like the idea of something they can wear more than once.

That is such a good idea! And so smart! That totally make sense! That way the bride stands out! As we should 😜

Thank you so much for the advice!
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think gold shoes would look good. Or they could just wear black.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of a cream or gold shoe Smiley smile The gold would pop but would look stunning - but the cream would mean that they would wear it again and again.

I am just requesting that my bridesmaids don't have the same style as me. If I have side-swept then they shouldn't. If I have all down - then the only way the can is if they have it curled if mine is straight or straight if mine is curled.

I would just like the spotlight on me so I will ask that they just don't have sparkle. Like if I wanted a bold blue eye they could too just without the glossy sparkly look. So ya - I will ask they get a downplayed version of what I would do (although I probably won't have a colour)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics