Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Beginner July 2017 Ontario

Bride's entrance

Julie, on July 7, 2017 at 20:53 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 11

I am having SO much difficulty with music and yes, our wedding is next Saturday! When the bride walks in, should it be to the same song that the bridesmaids walk to or should you pick something different?

I am torn between a bunch of songs....for both the girls and myself. Opinions would be great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eiv5aElMZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe2G6Vs1V_Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca9ub9rpNK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfRtPbBFoGg

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ericabraam, on July 18, 2017 at 05:06
  • Ericabraam
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Ericabraam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing "What a lovely day" when the girls walk in and "Somewhere over the rainbow" when I walk in.

All of me is an amazing song and my top choice from your list Smiley smile

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG Nathan Sykes Over and Over Again is our first dance song!!!! Love it sooo much.

• Julie
    Beginner July 2017 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your AWESOME advice!!! I was so torn so I took my options to the DJ and he played them together and gave honest advice. I was so shocked with my decisions but I loved how they went together.

Wedding Party enters to Howie Day- Collide and my entrance will be to Nathan Sykes- Over and Over Again.

I can't wait for Saturday!!!! Smiley smile

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What did you decide?
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Julie! Nice to meet you here. Yes choosing the music can be hard. Music for the entrance of the bride - Bride's entrance - Entrance song!!! - Music or dj - Music? Here I send you some inspiration from the other brides-to-be. I really like the first one. Smiley heart

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love collide! Do what feels right, its hard to say, and what will fill the space. If I was you, I'd probably go with Collide if its a quieter or indoor space, and the Piano Guys cover if its outdoors.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was just in a wedding on friday were all bridesmaids ( 4 of us) and the bride walked to the same song and it was beautiful. There was just a momentary pause while everyone was asked to stand for the bride and then the music resumed. I will likely do the same for my wedding next summer.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone that you should have your own song walking down the aisle. I think Lesley has a good point about listening to everything and letting your gut guide the way.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it should be different. You need it to be your moment! Depending on how many girls you have, the music can fade out or you can wait for it to finish.
    I like the instrumental versions of the songs. I think that's a great option for your bridesmaids.
    I think you should close your eyes and envision yourself walking down the aisle while listening to these songs and see how you feel. Then pick one. Your gut will tell you if it's the right choice. Once that's decided, I'd choose one of the instrumentals for your girls.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a big wedding party of 5 on each side so I kind of have to walk into a different song by the time they get down the aisle. I would like to do that anyways probably tho. I am the main focus!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will have a song for the girls and a separate song for me. I havn't picked out a song for the girls yet, but I will be walking down to Christina Perri's - a thousand years! Such a beautiful song.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics