Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ginela
Beginner July 2017 Newfoundland and Labrador

Bridal shower

Ginela, on May 25, 2017 at 17:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hi everyone! One of my friends is hosting a bridal shower for me. My question is, is it appropriate to invite someone if she's not friends with the hostess? I mean they don't know each other. Or is it ok if I don't invite her since i don't have control for the part? I just didn't want to offend anyone if I do either. Thanks!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Tiffany, on May 27, 2017 at 20:59
  • Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never heard of that either, even though I'm from a small town. Different etiquette in different places Smiley smile
  • Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahahah true say! Smiley xd

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes the town I am from is only 2500 people if you count outlying farms, ranches and possibly dogs and cows. I would not recommend posting in the Toronto papers! Although if all the randoms that show up bring good gifts.... Smiley laugh

• Loni
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow! I've never heard of that. I suppose it's also because I live in Toronto and I don't think we'd be able to do that here - I would not want randoms showing up haha Smiley xd . That's pretty cool though if you live in a smaller, tight knit community!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have control over who is being invited to my showers especially the one being thrown in my home town. Traditionally for those it is posted in the local paper and anyone who would like to come is welcome but I am not going to invite all those people to my wedding.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am (apparently) having 2 bridal showers and for the one my SILs are throwing they are sending me some invitations so that I can invite some people.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I threw a shower for my sister when I was her MOH... She provided the guest list.
  • Ginela
    Ginela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Loni 😊
  • Ginela
    Ginela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you so much ladies! Xo
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also agree with what's been said! Normally the bride provides a guest list for the shower + bachelorette Smiley smile
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Loni!Smiley smile
  • Loni
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I believe the general rule for bridal showers is everyone can come, this includes any of your friends and family that may not know the host. The only etiquette rule I've heard is that everyone who comes to the bridal shower must also be invited to the wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics