Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner July 2019 Alberta

Bridal shower

Fiona, on June 17, 2019 at 11:00 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6
Hi everyone! My wedding is next month, and it’s very intimate (21 ppl - immediate family only)
My sister who is my MOH has asked if I’d like a bridal shower and invite friends and coworkers. I don’t want to offend anyone by inviting to a shower but not inviting to the wedding. But I also think it could be fun. I’m not sure what to do! Thoughts?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Fiona, on June 19, 2019 at 09:19
  • F
    Beginner July 2019 Alberta
    Fiona ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for your input ladies. I’ve decided not to have one!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Kelsie that it's traditional to only invite those to your shower who are invited to your wedding. You can still invite whoever you want to your bridal shower, just know that some people might have something to say about it.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Typically, you only invite those who have been invited to the wedding to the bridal shower.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seeing as your wedding is very intimate, you may be able to get away with inviting others. Just make sure it is clear to them that this is a celebration for you, and gifts are not necessary.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Tori! I'd put something like Wedding shower gifts are not expected so people don't think it's a gift-grab.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmmm, I would say given that the wedding is so intimate I feel like as long as you put on the invitations that wedding shower gifts are not needed/wanted/expected then it should be fine. I know that I would want to be able to celebrate with you even if I wasn't invited to the wedding (especially since it's such a small intimate one). If it still feels weird then perhaps you could have the celebration after you tie the knot so that it's more of a "we got married, now party with us" type of vibe that could be held in the evening?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics