Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bailey
Newbie June 2019 Alberta

Bridal Shower

Bailey, on May 2, 2019 at 20:00 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

Hi Everyone!

My wedding is in less than a month. I know my bacherolette is coming up last weekend of the month. However, it doesn't sound like anyone has planned a Bridal Shower. I am bummed. I don't want this to turn to a bad memory. I do really want one. I have been talking to my Mom about it - but she has been doing SO MUCH for my wedding already, I feel bad.

I also feel bad to make people buy me gifts for a shower and then in a couple weeks to also buy me gifts for my wedding? But then again, that is normal - right?

Ugh Smiley sad

12 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 21, 2019 at 14:45
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YAY! How was your shower? That's so nice that it was a surprise party!

• Bailey
    Newbie June 2019 Alberta
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    UPDATE 😍 My mom organizes everything and everyone is pitching it to make it wonderful! It’s a surprise! And it is today!!! 🥰 feel so loved.
  • Acacia
    Newbie October 2019 Alberta
    Acacia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your bridesmaids or more specifically the MOH typically plan a shower for you. If no mention has been made, i would have a 1-on-1 with your girls and let them know where you are with everything, and what you had hoped for, to make life a little easier for you and your fiance.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know how you feel, it's amazing how generous people are but you don't really realize it till it's all about you. I for real cried for 3 days after my baby shower bc i really was "showered" with gifts.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have the same wedding date!
    My shower is combined with my bachelorette.. it's a "bridal party" they are calling it lol I live in BC and the wedding is in Ontario so with the limited time I can't have two parties. Talk to your family and friends and maybe they are planning something.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My shower was about 2 months before the wedding! I know the feeling about gifts... I'm so weird about gifts already that I honestly felt bad when people would ask about the registry! What I did instead was ask people to bring a bottle of wine to add to my collection! It turned out AMAZING! I ended up with 24 DIFFERENT bottles of wine and now my wine collection is incredible! SO nice to go home and crack a new one open haha!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is normal, sometimes people have a month or so in advance too as other dates done work. At this point I would say it would be too late for them to get invites and mail them/people respond. I would ask your wedding party incase there is something planned and they forgot to tell you

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is normal yes.. but someone should have planned one.. if your wedding is in June, I think it's probably too late now. Someone would have to plan one, invite all the guests and wait for them to RSVP.. doesn't really give anyone enough notice to plan unless your wedding is near the end of june and you can put it out there now for the beginning of june.. then you give people about a month to make plans to come.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

First I would ask your bridesmaids just in case they actually are planning a surprise one (unlikely, I know - but better safe than sorry).

Then, I would maybe hand out tasks to them. Unfortunately when it comes to cost I would say that you would be the one to pay unless they offer. Don't forget to include your FMIL though!!! She may be a big help seeing as how your Mom has already done so much!

• Bailey
    Newbie June 2019 Alberta
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do I plan it myself lol thank you for the information 😁😁😁😁
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a perfect way to mention it without being "PLAN ME A SHOWER!!" lol

It is running late though so it would have to be thrown together really fast which would mean the best way to invite would be online or through something like FaceBook. (My FH's cousin invited us to her wedding via FB so don't over think it.)

List of what needs to be done:

Venue - can it be held at somebodies house? If not, start calling places asap.

Invites - best way would be online or through social media like FB

Food - See about making sandwiches or getting some catering of some

Games - PINTEREST!!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do you have any bridesmaids that you could ask but say something like "are you guys having a surprise shower for me?" Because i thought it would have happened already.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics