Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sara
Beginner October 2020 Ontario

Bridal Shoes

Sara, on June 17, 2019 at 14:53 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 5

I am having a difficult time deciding what type of shoe I want. I have my dress, I know i'll need a decent heel for it (hoping to keep it on he shorter side). My venue is outdoors in early September so I was thinking I would do a closed toe because it might be too cold for my feet in September. what have the Sept or outdoor brides done for you shoes?

Also, my dress has overlay of lace, so should my shoes be more of a plain style? what are some opinions on matching shoes with a lace dress

Thanks!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on June 21, 2019 at 05:49
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sara!

Great insights and advice from the previous posters Smiley smile

I wouldn't advise you narrow your choice down to closed toe if only the ceremony is outside. The weather wouldn't have any real bearing, unless everything is outdoors, or somewhere like the beach!

In relations to the style, if you can't see them under the dress, you can choose anything you like!

The most important thing is that you're comfortable on the day.

How are you typically walking in heels? Personally, I'm a disaster! This is why I choose a block heel always, never a stiletto.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FSIL had a September wedding and a long lace dress. She did a closed toe pump that was sparkly!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't factor weather into it too much - unless you are having the ceremony AND the reception outside.

I plan on wearing closed toe shoes just because I don't like the look of open toe shoes. With that being said, I also plan on having another pair of shoes that are flat. Who says you can't have more than one pair?

As for matching - I say that if you can't see the shoes, wear what you like! If you can, then yes - simple would be easier.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really comes down to personal preference and your comfort.

We are getting married early October, and I have open toed shoes. Honestly my feet get hot no matter what, especially if i am nervous or anxious, so I didn't want to worry about that on our wedding day.

If your dress goes right to the floor you won't really see your shoes, so you can do anything!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am stuck on what should get- I had originally wanted cowboy boots because that iswhat fh was doing but know I just want something different. Everyone I know who got married in sept did the cowboy boots so not sure what to get that will keep the feet warm! If you are early September you should be good with some type of heal but if its outside might be better to get a wedge style of shoe.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics