Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Frequent user September 2019 Ontario

Bridal Party order

Vanessa, on July 30, 2019 at 16:13 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8

My procession will have bridesmaids and groomsmen walking together (apart from the MOH and Best Man). Wondering if there is a specific tradition that is usually followed when pairing up/ordering bridesmaids and groomsmen

Is it just random?

Based on height?

Based on relationship to the bride and groom?

I've heard so many conflicting things.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on August 9, 2019 at 16:49
  • J
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing it based on height but also based on the relationships between the Groomsmen and Bridesmaids as some of them are married but i also have uneven numbers so i have one bridesmaid walking with her fiance and a also a good friend so the groomsmen wasnt walking alone ..

We also dont have the men walking down the aisle they are going to be coming in from the side and standing up at the front but walking back with a bridesmaid...but it is definitly up to you on which order they should go in.

• Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have ordred our bridal party by height and outfit colour. We are having them walk in separately alternating one from each side. For the recessional they will be paired. It all depends on what you want for your special day.

Good luck

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bridal Party order 1

Every couple decides whom is to walk with whom in what order. There isn't any wrong answers in this planning. What counts is having all your bridal party together by your side.

We had 2 sides easy and colour coordinated matching to represent each side.

My side was Blue or Turquoise colour and husbands side was Purple colour. As grooms, we wore red which was mentioned. Nothing else mattered.

Bridal Party order 2

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to the pairing of bridesmaids/groomsmen.

For mine, I have a MOH and bestwoman who'll obviously walk together. Then I have 3 bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen (yes it's uneven). Luckily one bridesmaid (my FSIL) has her daughter as the flower girl, so they will walk together. That leaves 2 bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen.

One of the groomsmen is my brother, who is autistic and gets nervous around new people. One of my bridesmaids knows him well since she's been in my life since 2002 so they are paired. That just left the remaining bridesmaid and groomsmen automatically paired.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have a maid of honour and best man they usually walk out just before you... Otherwise, it is totally up to you.. I know some people do alphabetical order.. there is no right or wrong here

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say similar to what ladies said its up to you, I would take into consideration their heights though as would look nicer if people were closer in heights. Only people that need to be paired are the best man and moh.

I have two moh and they are walking out with the best man together

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's whatever you want! I have 2 couples in the wedding party so I will most likely pair them up but are they in order of closest to me? Not necessarily but they are all in the wedding party for a reason so I don't mind Smiley smile

Although we are having the Men walk down first and then the ladies - for walking back after me and my FH are Man & Wife they will be paired up and that is what will determine who stands 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is your day, so it really depends what you want.
    If you really want pictures to be even, you can do it height wise, if you want it done by relationship you can.

We didn't have much of an order for our bridesmaids or groomsmen, aside from my MOH and Best Man, we kept the couples that we had in the wedding party paired together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics