Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Super June 2020 Alberta

Bridal Party Milestone

Chelsea, on July 15, 2019 at 13:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Hi Brides!

I've been reminiscing a lot this week about the moments of my wedding planning that stand out the most so far. I hit a bit of a rut with my planning a few months ago, and actually found that I was not enjoying the planning process at all! Luckily I have moved past that, and now I'm even nostalgic for some of those planning moments!

For me, I would say my favourite moment so far has been choosing and asking my bridal party. I chose 5 gorgeous ladies who have all been in my life for 13+ years - with 3 of the 5 being in my life 20+ years! I couldn't wait to ask, so even though my wedding is still just under 11 months away, I asked my girls to stand up for me about a year ago! I bought a bottle of wine for each girl and put a custom label on it asking them the big question!

A couple of the custom wine labels I had made for my girls!Bridal Party Milestone 1

Because choosing and asking my wedding party was such an important milestone for me, I want to hear about your experiences! How did you decide on your bridal party? How did you ask them? And if you had the opportunity to do it all again, would you do it any differently?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Katrine, on August 1, 2019 at 09:34
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Small Details Etsy Shop

This Etsy store ^^. She has so many labels to choose from, and sent me a preview before they were printed.

• K
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    From an Etsy shopped called WildConfettiWorkshop! Super affordable!
  • K
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you get your labels done?
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didnt even ask my MOH lol. I told her i got engaged and that we were going to city hall with 2 witnesses, to which she replied "let me know the date and what you want me to wear!" We've always been on the same page with each other. As for our Best Man I suggested to my FH that he choses his brother (altho he was going to ask him anyway) because they are inseperable! They are brothers as well as best friends and my FBIL and I are also really close friends. I keep refering to him as "our" best man because hes mine also!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding party was decided who was close to us and being local. No gifts given in the beginning, only the day of the wedding.

We asked straight up to 4 of our friends.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I basically had my bridal party picked out from the get-go:

- My MOH and my one BM were my best friends (and roommates) in university
    - Another BM is my best friend since 2002 (so known each other 17 years) and I was in her bridal party in June
    - My 4th BM is my FH's sister

Since I had the bridal party figured out early on, I asked everyone from the span of November 2017 - May 2018. The reason there's such a big gap is because I wanted to ask them in person, and they live all over the place but they were all asked before a year before the wedding.

I didn't do any proposal boxes/gifts, so I would maybe do that if I had the opportunity to redo it. I am going all out on thank you gifts to "make-up" for the lack of proposal boxes lol.

• K
    Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the wine labels, those are so cute. If I could change one thing it would be to have included my little sister a little more in the planning. She was the first person I told about the engagement and she's a part of the wedding, but I did most of the planning without her input and I think it would have been really fun to have done it together.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked my sister to be my MOH, and my FH's 2 sisters, and sister in law to be my Bridesmaids.

I did the same thing with my ladies. Just a nice bottle of wine and had labels customized for it! They loved them. I also did all the proposals together, so we opened one of the bottles and all had a glass of wine!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I picked my MOH to be my sister because duh - family is forever but friends come and go.

I picked the BM's:

1. Best Friend since grade 8/9 (8 years now).

2. Best Friend at work and person I met my FH through.

3. My FH's friend and now mine (his friend is one of his best men).

4. My FH's cousin who he is a week or two apart age wise who he grew up with and I hang out with all the time.

I had asked them if they would be interested in being in my wedding party early on and then gave them all official proposal boxes about a year before the wedding.

Wouldn't change anything Smiley smile Just a question after all - didn't have to get them anything, but I like going above and beyond!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only asked my sister because I found it was too complicated to ask friends and whatnot. Reflecting back on it, I totally would have included at least one more friend in it since I'm feeling a little regretful of everything (and I would totally have done a bridesmaid proposal!).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics