Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious June 2019 British Columbia

Bridal Party Gift Ideas

Amber, on April 10, 2019 at 18:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

Hello all!

So, I'm getting married in June, and I have hardly even thought about what in the world I am going to buy my bridesmaids for a gift. I do want to get them a gift, something special, something cute, I'm not sure but something awesome.

My spouse is getting his groomsmen hockey jerseys for their favourite hockey teams. Also matching hockey socks for the teams as well, but those are to wear under their suits the day of.

I wouldn't mind doing personalized things for each of my girls- I did it that way anyways when asking them to be a part of my wedding party, but it would be cool for photos if I could get something they could all use and wear that is maybe similar? But if I can't it's okay. I need ideas!!

So, my Maid of Honour, J - she is an awesome mother to two fun children, 10 and 8. We love playing board games with each other and our spouses, talking for hours (about our awful lives/childhood LOL and everything else under the sun!) and she is very Type A, gets things done, super organized, little controlling but only in the best way possible. She is great for no frills get stuff done- she helped make all the decisions easy and simple for me. Whenever I have an issue, she helps find great solutions right away.

My first Bridesmaid, K - she is badass. We play roller derby together, and she also does crossfit and SCA (which is like medieval fight club, and if you call it LARPing you will regret it) and is very similar to me in drive. She loves to always have projects and hobbies on the go, we love getting stuff done and being creative and making cool things. Very self-motivated. She loves to bring out the best in people and push people to success, or just invite people along for the ride. Introverted Extrovert, where she doesn't like hanging out with tons of people but she always loves spending time with one or two people as much as she can.

My second Bridesmaid, F - She will be my SIL, since she is my spouse's sister. Honestly, I know a lot less about her than I could hope. She's been the bridesmaid many times before. She is cool and collected, but smiles easily. I know she likes to golf and also likes to go hunting. Also I'm pretty sure she likes going to the beaches since she spends every December in Mexico on the beach, lol. Her personality is very much like my spouse where she likes to voice her thoughts and doesn't really care what other people think. She really knows how to party and is a great host when she has people over.

So, what are people buying their bridesmaids as gifts so I can leech some ideas??

8 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on April 15, 2019 at 16:52
  • Kelsey
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my girls I did:

a shawl to wear for the ceremony and pictures

a necklace and earring set

a robe to get ready in

a personalized starbucks re-usable cup

a wristlet

I didn't get anything personalized other than the starbucks cup because I want them to be able to reuse them without BRIDESMAID being written all over everything - this was just a tip from my MOH who has been in a few weddings.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a bunch of little gifts for mine:
    I put $50 towards each of their bridesmaids dresses, I am going to cover the tip for their hair/make up, I got them a cute tote bag for the day of, a robe, a shawl, a face mask, and from the Body Shop I got them all a lip butter, body scrub, bar of soap, and a hair twisty towel thing.

I also got them personalized charms to go on their bags so they could tell them apart. I am thinking of adding some Squish gummy candy....

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends how much money you want to spend! I am thinking of doing the socks that say "bridesmaid" and "MOH" and then "bride" for myself. I want to stay away from the whole getting ready robe thing because everyone does it and I just want somethings to be different.

Also going to be doing some type of bag (Makeup or tote) and a personalized bottle or glass.

I am paying for their hair and makeup too, so I do not want to spend too much money either!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a small variety of things for my girls!

First I'm paying for makeup and hair the day of! Since they're buying dresses and shoes and jewellery and bachelorette costs... I didn't want to keep adding to their bill.

They I made custom printed boxes with their names on it and filled it with a custom wine for each, getting ready robes, custom named wine tumblers, emergency wedding day kits! And I made a personalized card for each with a long letter for each of them!

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe you could find like pjs for getting ready that have different designs on them that fit the girls personalities ? But still the same style. If you are getting pre wedding photos Smiley smile
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did custom wine tumblers. Super cute. PJS to get ready in. Earrings and bracelets to wear the day of. And a nice candle. Plus a bottle of wine. I also got my MOH a really beautiful custom compact off Etsy. You can pick the colour. And it has swavorksi crystals. I wanted her to have an extra something special. It was hard. So i tried to pick things they would need for the day/morning of. Or be able to use again for the most part.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What if you got them all a jacket or shawl that they could wear for photos? Sort of like getting ready robes but you could get them each a different material potentially? Like jean and leather.

I got each of my bridal party girls a necklace with their pet on it and the one who doesn't wear necklaces I gave her a keychain with her pet on it.

You could also do slippers or drink wear for the morning of.

There are SO many fun things

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not gonna be too useful in order of gifts I think but just wanted to say you should write them a little card with those descriptions of them in it / why you chose and like them. It's so sweet!! You (and they) should like a great friend

I had some make up bags with my girls names on it and inside there's a thank you message, but maybe something more personalized to the girls specifically would be nicer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics