Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Newbie October 2018 Ontario

Bridal Party Costs?

Brittany, on February 17, 2020 at 22:41 Posted in Ontario 0 4
Hey! I’ve been asked to be in 2 friends weddings and I’m trying to budget for both. What would people say is the average cost to be in the bridal party? Including the following items :
Dress, alterations, hair, makeup, nails, shoes, bridal shower gift, buck and doe, wedding gift, bachelorette etc? Thanks!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on March 10, 2020 at 16:51
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not making my friends pay for much. just the dress itself which is $150. hair makup nails etc they can do on their own or paint them themselves if they like. jewelry i said to wear what they have at home.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dress = $125, alterations = $25, hair & makeup if *required* by the bride should be paid for by them otherwise feel free to opt out... but = $100ish, nails = $45, shoes = already own some that comply to what they want? or $75, bridal shower gift = $50, buck and doe = whatever you can afford, wedding gift = $200, bachelorette = depends on what they want to do, etc.

In total I would say anywhere from $600-$1,000?

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been in 3 and I think they were about $**** each. The only thing that helped is I could wear any silver shoes to all of them, so I only had to buy one pair. All of the ones I was in were back in 2012. Not sure if that helps. I worked a lot of O/T that year....
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s hard to say an average because every individual and every wedding is different. A dress can cost anywhere from $50-500 dollars. Cheapest bridesmaid alterations I’ve seen are $150+ (for minimal alterations).

My MOHs hair and make up is $125. Nails and shoes again it depends on where you go. My sister has shoes already so she’s saving there.
    Bridal shower again it depends on what you can afford personally and if you helped out a lot with the shower. If your family a gift might be well over $100 (I gave my sister in law $125 two years ago), if you’re a friend then probably $50-100.
    I’m out of the loop on buck and does so I have no idea but I think that event is also put on by the bridal party?
    The bridal party is put on by the bridal party also and depends on what’s being done. I’m actually contributing to my bachelorette so my girls aren’t paying for me at all.
    Wedding gift again - hard to say. Give what you can afford. Typically, I try to give enough to cover my plate with a little extra.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics