Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bekah
Beginner July 2019 Alberta

Bridal Nails

Bekah, on December 4, 2018 at 13:18 Posted in Beauty 0 24

Hey beautiful brides! How far in advance should you get your nails done? Don't want to wait until last minute and be frazzled, trying to make it to an appointment. However, I don't want them to get too early on and then have them not be perfect for the wedding day! I know it depends on method (shellac/gel/acrylic), and I haven't decided which way I am going yet.

What are your thoughts? What will/have you done?

Also, would you/did you go with your bridal party, or did you go alone, to have some me time before the big day?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on January 8, 2019 at 05:54
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to do it the day before my wedding and bring my bridal party with me Smiley smile

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is on Saturday, I have all of my beauty appointments (manicure, pedicure, waxing) on the Thursday. I want them as fresh as possible without rushing to do it on the last day (when we have a family lunch, the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, last minute prep, etc)....

I'm doing acrylic nails. I want them perfectly shaped/length, and also we leave for our honeymoon from the reception, so I need them to last perfectly for 2 weeks.

I'm going to one place for my pedicure/waxing with my mom, and I'm going for manicures at a different salon with my sister (MOH).

• K
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Katlynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A few days in advanced is what I plan on doing Smiley smile
  • Bekah
    Bekah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awful! Smiley surprise
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting my usual shellac on the Friday before my Sunday wedding, and I plan on taking my mom, his mom, and my MOH. I want the day before the wedding to be spent doing NOTHING.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He's definitely not going to be looking too closely at your nails on the big day!

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep! My fiance likes long nails, but even with my job I can't really have them. So just manicure for me and that's all I need! As long as my hair and makeup is on point
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I had to do too! I ended up having to make them the shortest little stubs last time, which made me a little bitter about the fact that I had paid as much as I had for them too!

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's the same thing for me! I had fake nails once I could get them in, but not out. I ended up cutting the nails off ( 😓) not playing that game again
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will probably have to go the Friday before my Saturday wedding. My nails chip incredibly easily (I'm pretty sure it's me just not being careful but still) so I wouldn't want to get it done then have the polish chip! I'll just be getting shellac polish because I'm incapable of putting my contact lenses in/out with fake nails without almost taking my eye out (And wouldn't that be fantastic for my wedding photos? Bride with bandages over her eye lid because she took her eyeball out!)

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will either go the Wednesday or Thursday before my Friday wedding to relax and get them done!
    I’ve been getting dip on my natural nails and it lasts forever (aside from them growing out). A few months before I will start getting the dip on so my nails grow and stay a little longer! That way they will be a beautiful length by the wedding!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be getting my nails (shellac) done the Thursday or Friday before our Saturday wedding. My nails grow too fast to get them done any earlier than that.

Funny story about that. I was a bridesmaid and the bride wanted all of her girls to get fake nails. I asked if I could opt out and get a simple manicure instead? She said no. I told her my nails would grow out before the wedding (1 week away) and she still insisted. Well, the day before the wedding she saw my hands and freaked out because they had grown out: How could you let this happen? Why didn’t you tell me? 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol Yup! It's where we took our engagement photos!

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding will be on Saturday. I am planning to get them done myself on Thursday's evening.

• Bekah
    Bekah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice! Is that Kakabeka Falls in the background of your pic? Smiley smile

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so cool!

I was born and raised in London, and my FH was born and raised in Leamington (near Windsor) but we met up here in the Bay!

• Bekah
    Bekah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for your input ladies!! Smiley heart

• Bekah
    Bekah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm from Thunder Bay! Smiley smile

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have fake gels right now and they last pretty long! I usually go 3-4 weeks before having to go for a fill (where they get rebalanced and shaped).

I'll probably go a week before my wedding since I want to get them done here in Thunder Bay and I'm getting married in London, so I'll be travelling down in advance for last minute DIY. I also know someone who does gel nails in London so if I need to get a nail fixed up, I have a place I can hopefully go if needed.

I go by myself since that's my nail tech's policy Smiley tongue

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going with Shellac and getting them done the Thursday before our Saturday wedding.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Friday wedding and I will go probably Wednesday or Thursday! (likely Thursday as I will be doing a lot of DIY things and I do not want to ruin the nails at all!) Will also get fake Gel nails to ensure they last as long as possible!

• Dar
    Frequent user December 2018
    Dar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting shellac polish (no fake nails) the Sunday before my Saturday wedding. Earlier than I would have liked but we’re doing it out of country and I won’t have time while we’re down there - plus way more expensive with the US exchange. The FH is coming with me for mani/pedis 😄
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was thinking the same thing. I would probably go get them done on the Thursday before my Saturday wedding. I don't like getting my nails done to begin with because they weigh my hands down Smiley tongue but with that being said I may go with shellac nails as they won't be fake ones on top of my own. (If by some weird chance I brake a nail within that week leading up to it then I may reconsider, but my nails are always long and look like a natural french manicure.)

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going either the wed or thurs before the wedding (Saturday wedding). and one bridesmaid will probably come with me (she lives in the same city). the others may not as they don't live in my city. unless they take more time off work (which I don't expect them to).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics