Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Danielle
Newbie August 2019 British Columbia

Bridal Gifts

Danielle, on June 19, 2018 at 06:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Hey just wondering what people have given to their bridesmaids (or are planning on giving them) want some creative ideas!!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Alissa, on June 20, 2018 at 16:29
  • Alissa
    Frequent user September 2020 British Columbia
    Alissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm paying for their dresses and makeup so that will pretty much be my gift!, I've already bought them Monogrammed wine glasses for my bridesmaid proposal from indigo/chapters. They are still on sale from 8$ marked down from 20!
    https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/gifts/product/814672029890-item.html?s_campaign=goo-Shopping+Corporate&gclid=CjwKCAjw9qfZBRA5EiwAiq0AbToGQgY9AjAzJV0hqtEONoG4X1GGknn3QAYmlmSt23Dw77YTCWGK5RoCbnIQAvD_BwE

At the rehearsal dinner I plan to gift them with the earrings and robe I'd like them to wear on the wedding day, as well as a pair of roll up flats to change into at the reception that I found on this amazing site beau-coup! (They have tons of cute gifties!) Because I know they will need a switch after standing in heels all day, and they will be able to keep and reuse them.

https://www.beau-coup.com/bridesmaids-gifts.htm
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We gave only cologne sets to the guys BM and perfume sample box to the MOHs. It was our way of thanking them all.
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm still contemplating this one. Right now I'm thinking of getting nice house coats for them. Still browsing for ideas though.

• Alexa
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think im going to make a custom made pen, a nice pen with her name engraved in it

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a bridesmaid proposal gift that included a wine glass that said I can't Say I Do Without You and a bottle of bubbly.

For the day of I have got them hangars with their names on them, robes, and bracelet with their initial. I will also have a little tote bag with waters, red bulls, and an emergency kit.

My FH is getting his groomsmen their ties, pocket squares, socks and a custom bottle cap opener that will have their last names on it (it is kind of like a plaque that hangs on the wall)

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to give them items they could use outside of just the wedding. So for my girls I've done:

- Paying for their hair to be done (some of them have tight finances so I wanted to help out there)

- A pair of cute sandals that have the fuzzy band. They can wear them day of and after! (I got myself white ones and them black ones)

- A S'well water bottle. Each bottle is different to match the girls tastes (they are all active girls so I know it'll get good use).

- My MOH is getting a little something extra. She's a runner so I got her a light weight cute running shirt.

At my bachelorette party I also gave them little thank you bags which included:

- A fake diamond necklace

- A silly little hand sanatizer holder that they can clip to their purse. They were all different to match each girl.

- A pen.. all were different but said things like 'boss bitch', etc.

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For all 4 of my girls I am paying for their hair and makeup plus I am getting a little goodie bag together. So far I have a bath bomb, body scrub, and lotion. I might add a candle and I will be adding a card with a special message in each 😊
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am giving them each a filled (with engravings) Bag engraved with their Names on them and things they can use with a little bit of Jewlery.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going with things they can wear the day of. I picked out these lovely Kate Spade earrings.

And I'm thinking of also getting them pashminas that they can wrap around if they get cold.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've made them stemless wine glasses that say Bridesmaid (or Maid of Honour) on one side, and their initial on the other, for their "proposal".

For their day of gift, I'm giving them kimono robes (plain, for re-use), and maybe a little something else, not sure yet.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did tote bags with their initials and inside I placed a small bottle of Baileys along with a scarf, local handmade soap and some spa items (nail file, bath salts, etc...) for them to use after the wedding.

• K
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bridal Gifts 1 Bridal Gifts 2

i made each of them little boxes! I thought it would be nice that they had something for prior to the wedding since i asked them both about a year in advance.

Initially i wanted to do a bath bomb, a mug, and a picture frame but the mug wouldn't fit Smiley sad

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Each of my bride tribe is so different and it is a mix gender party, so it is not going to be necessarily the same for everyone and based more on their hobbies and personality. Hopefully it provides a few ideas for you.

For my MOH, I sewed up two Minions chef hats - one had letter spelling "Crazy Chef" and the other "Minion du Jour" - and two Minions aprons to match (she's starting a YouTube show in the future and a chef by trade, also OBSESSED with Minions) as well as included her fave chocolate treat and a face mask jelly from Lush.

For one of Bride Tribe members (guy), I am making him a sensu (Japanese folding fan - he collects them) and found a wooden set of four kitchen utensils which I am going to use a wood burning tool to engrave "Oh Jus You Didn't!" (Name of his cooking blog). Also a favorite treat and a bubble bomb from Lush.

For the last bride tribe member (gal), I am making her a long knitted scarf in her favorite colours and have ordered a bracelet on Etsy that is engraved "Not Sisters by Blood, but Sister's by Heart" on the back. Also, unsurprising by now (lol), a fave food treat and a treat from Lush.

I also am covering hair and make-up the day of. Me and FH have budgeted for getting a pair of Chuck Taylor's too as that is the footwear for the entire bridal party, bride, and groom, so not sure if that counts or not. *shurg*

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did the personalized robes, bridesmaids bouquets and working on a few other things! I like the idea of face masks below! A little care package or even an emergency kit for wedding day and for them to use in the future! I work at a print shop and are making custom printed boxes for each of them!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a bridesmaid I’ve been gifted a robe, an “I woke up like this” mug, a scarf, face masks in a wellness package, and jewelry.

Maybe gift something they can use/wear on the day of and again in the future, or a nice photo of you and each of them.

I won’t be having bridesmaids but if I do I’d do a photo, jewelry and a personalized letter to each.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics