Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Bouquet Toss? Keep or Cancel?

Lynnie, on 16/September/2019 at 09:50 Posted in Wedding reception

To toss the bouquet, or not to toss? 馃拹 That is the divisive question! Some brides are so over this outdated tradition, and don't want to drag out all their single friends onto the dance floor while "single ladies" plays. Other brides can't imagine it feeling like a wedding without this classic and fun custom!

Which side of the bouquet debate are you on? Keep or cancel?

Bouquet Toss? Keep or Cancel? 1

Photo by Naomi Maya Photography in Victoria, BC

Next Question: Garter Toss?

Back to the Beginning: Keep or Cancel?

Share:

30 Comments

• Judice
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Judice

Cancel - It's just outdated at this point,

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Nelly

Cancel I don't like this tradition

• Christine
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Christine

Cancel. I don't think many of our guests are single, so it would be awkward.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin
    Keep. But we won't be playing "Single Ladies"!
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin
    View quoted message
    I made all my bouquets and just made a second, smaller one to throw for the bouquet toss so that I can keep mine.

But don't let your DJ push you around! If you don't wanna do it, don't do it!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie
    Cancel. Not a fan
  • Rebecca
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca
    Cancel and keep. I want to cancel it, I think its tacky personally. But my dj keeps trying to talk me into it because its fun and traditional but if i do i will 100% get a bouquet at the dollarstore to throw.
  • Bianca
    Featured August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca

Cancel. I. Hate. This.

• Amelia
    Featured September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia

Cancel. We don't have many single guests so I think it would be awkward.

• Tina
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Tina

Cancel. We're inviting only two single people; my sister and my FH's cousin once removed. Not likely to be any fun lol!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra

Keep! I think this will be a lot of fun!

• Danielle
    Frequent user June 2023 Manitoba
    Danielle

Keep - I'm going to make a tossing bouquet. And I'm not gonna do that BS thing where you pretend to toss it but you really just get your single bridesmaids to block everyone and then toss it on the floor in front of them.

• Chelsea
    Featured June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea
    Probably cancel, but haven鈥檛 decided officially!
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2020 Alberta
    Amanda

I won鈥檛 be tossing the bouquet, but I will have a small version made and give it to the couple who has been married the longest. This will be my grandparents. I always hated being singled out at weddings for the bouquet toss, and some of the weddings I attended it got vicious!

• BunnyBride
    Expert August 2020 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride

Keep. This could change, but both me and my FH agree absolutely NO garter toss. There aren't many single ladies, but, at a wedding I went to, the put a new twist on the tradition I liked: If a married wanted to try and caught it, it just meant luck for the next year of their relationship. I thought it was sweet and a nice inclusive twist to keep things fun.

Definitely creating a toss bouquet. Given I don't have the best luck at throwing things, I don't want to to accidentally knock someone out with a large bouquet (and I want to keep my bouquet! Smiley xd)

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena

Cancel. I want to keep my bouquet for a shadowbox.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles