Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gabrielle
Beginner August 2019 Ontario

Bouquet Toss

Gabrielle, on November 3, 2018 at 09:31 Posted in Wedding reception 0 22
Is there supposed to be a bouquet toss bouquet AND. A ceremony bouquet forthe bride?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on November 22, 2018 at 01:20
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think some people have a second bouquet made just for tossing (or they toss their bridesmaid bouquet). Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

• Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am leaning toward skipping the bouquet toss entirely. Should I change my mind, I am not throwing my bouquet. I will get something small, with a simple flower, and give that away.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Now the Bride tossing her Bouquet will be different also I will be keeping one and another will be tossed to other Ladies that are single Smiley flower

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Garter Belt toss will something to remember I have 2 one speciality for the Groom so he made keep it for years too come, and just a plain white one to Toss. It's some I knoe Daniel will Love I came up with the idea myselfSmiley gift

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Now that's something that I didn't think about! lol thanks!
  • J
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A note on the garter toss... my boyfriend (now FH) caught 3 garters at weddings over the years and I have kept them all. Totally would have been odd for him to keep them had he been single, but they are nice keepsakes for me. No judgement at all for whatever you decide, but you might have a GF of the guy who caught it wearing it on her leg on the dance floor being caught off guard being asked to give it back. I'd just make sure to make it clear to return it before hand if you want it back so there is no awkward exchange.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most people have a separate bouquet to toss since they want to have their bouquet as a keepsake. Only one time did the bride throw her actual bouquet.

The toss bouquet should be included with your bouquet as they use the leftover flowers from the bridal/bridesmaids bouquet to make the toss one.

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My florist is including a toss bouquet in my package for free. It will be real flowers but not as nice as my bouquet. She said she works so hard to make the bridal bouquet so beautiful she doesn't want someone throwing it into a crowd which I understand.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    *my florist

(Though I’d think others florists offer this as well).
  • Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s not something you have to do, but florist offers a smaller bouquet that is meant specifically for the bouquet toss in case a bride doesn’t want to toss hers.

I’m torn between tossing mine (because what will I do with it if my honeymoon is a day or two after the wedding?) or preserving it, though I’m not sure if the latter is worth it.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The last wedding I was bridesmaid at (and caught the bouquet). it was a fake one that looked like the bridesmaid ones. I kept it as a decoration at my house. and am probably using it for my bouquet toss (its all white like my bouquets are going to be).

I wouldn't want to toss my wedding bouquet as I am having my florist preserve it for me after the wedding.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm tossing one of my bridesmaid's bouquets. Both my sisters have already offered me theirs... They aren't sentimental about keeping it... and then I can keep mine. I believe whoever catches the bouquet should be able to keep it.

One of my sister's will be flying home after the wedding so I'll probably use hers.

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been struggling with this as well. I want to keep mine too. But everyone's imput helps a lot.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What I am hearing is that there can be but there doesn't have to be. So for me, I will not have a second bouquet because whoever catches it can give it back - what are they going to do with it anyway right?? Same with the garter - what guy is going to keep their family member or friends new wife's garter??? lol At the same time you could always toss and forget about it with no worries...

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not even doing the bouquet toss, everyone on the guest list is married or under 15 years old. Lol
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually bought an additional bridesmaid bouquet to throw! I'm keeping my bouquet get outta here.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No you don't need to have an additional one to toss. As others have said most like to keep their actual bouquet so they don't want to toss it away. A lot of florists will include a toss bouquet for free or for a small fee and it's a very scaled down version of the brides actual bouquet.
    If your sentimental or think you might want to keep it then I would suggest getting a toss one. If you not and don't hold on to things like that then feel free to toss your actual bouquet.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some florists include a toss bouquet as part of your package.
    I will be using my MOH bouquet as she is coming from Australia and most likely won’t be taking it back with her! Saves money and I get to keep my bouquet!
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Technically yes, but its entirely up to you. I had 2 but that’s because my bouquet had broaches in it and I wanted to keep it. I also did fake flowers so it’s much easier to keep lol
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Technically yes, but I’ll honestly probably throw mine. I’m not super bothered about keeping it.
  • Erin
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The last wedding I was at the bride threw one of the bridesmaids bouquets. No point buying an extra IMO. Most of the time there’s a bridesmaid from out of town that can’t really keep their bouquet anyway.
  • Dana
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My understanding is yes you can but that would be up to for, same with the garter toss, for example the wedding I went to last year my fiancé caught the garter, and the bride from that wedding was the one who mentioned that was just her toss garter and that I should use it as my toss garter as it’s lucky!!! Most people including myself like to keep things like the garter or bouquet for themselves so having one to toss is a good idea but not nesscessary

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics