Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Frequent user July 2020 Saskatchewan

Bouquet debate

Brett, on August 12, 2019 at 00:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
My mother thinks I, as the bride, should have real flowers in my bouquet, but I already purchased artificial ones for myself And my bridesmaids. Do you think it would look weird if mine was real and bridesmaids were not?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kaila, on August 27, 2019 at 05:14
  • Kaila
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Kaila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It doesn’t matter but your bouquet will be photographed the most so if you wanna splurge a little it’s a good investment!!!!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Completely up to you!! no one will notice! theyre going to be looking at you not your bouquet!! i got fake flowers but thats cuz i want to display my bouquet and keep it forever!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally up to you. I don't think you can go wrong with either decision.
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's really up to you, but I personally think it should be all or nothing. I am going with fake so I can keep my bouquet, maybe just explain to your mom you want fake so that you can keep it as a keepsake.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its totally up to you. What look are you going for? Are your faux flowers matching? Like, are the BM bouquets a smaller version of yours? If you are matching, its either all are faux or all are real. But like I mentioned, it's up to the look that you are aiming for Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do what makes you happy- If you want faux flowers then go that way. I'm not to sure how noticeable it would be.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not weird imo - just more money... I do like the idea of drying your flowers and then keeping the bouquet in a scrapbook or at least a couple of the flowers but you could just keep your artificial one instead...

Maybe the fake flowers could be for the throwing bouquet?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your ok to go with artificial bouquets to save on costs of real flowers that will eventually be thrown out. It should matter to you what is important and what isn't needed. I too went with artificial floral balls as rental.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think it would be weird at all. You are the bride and meant to stand out! But it is what YOU want! If you want to stick with the fake flowers, don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think it would be weird. Like Amanda said, you can’t even tell that some fake flowers are fake. The benefit of fake flowers is of course that you don’t have to worry about them dying, they are much less delicate and you can therefore keep them forever.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It wouldn't look weird.. some fake flowers you can't even tell, they look real. However, I don't think you SHOULD have real flowers just because you are the bride. It is totally up to you. Literally no one will know the difference. I didn't even have a bouquet, or any flowers really for that matter.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics