Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Élisabeth
Curious June 2023 Quebec

Bouquet and garter toss alternatives

Élisabeth, on September 10, 2020 at 22:13 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15
Hi guys!

For those of you that chose not to do the traditional bouquet and the garter toss, did you find an alternative? What was it? I’m trying to find something different before deciding to just let go of this part of the wedding 😅

15 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on September 14, 2020 at 12:50
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would love to be on the receiving end of that! Far more fun than flowers 🐱
  • Christina
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are skipping the bouquet and garter toss for sure. Instead I plan on giving my bouquet to a couple who will be getting married within a few months of our wedding. I like the idea someone said of giving it to the couple who have been married the longest Smiley smile
  • Shelly
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married in July 2021 and for the bouquet toss we are going to give my bouquet to the couple married the longest. My other half really wants to do the garter toss for many male friends/relatives are single.

• Amelia
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just don't do it because it's a sexist practice? Why do you need an alternative?

• Holly
    Newbie May 2021 Northwest Territories
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I have four cats, so we are going to get a stuffed animal of a cat and toss it to everyone at the wedding. Whoever catches it is the next one to get a kitten! Lol

• Élisabeth
    Curious June 2023 Quebec
    Élisabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I love the shoes game! It’s always cute haha!
  • Élisabeth
    Curious June 2023 Quebec
    Élisabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea! I like the shoes one!
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahahahah well now I just might have to!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can play "All By Myself" by Celine Dion. Hahaha, just kidding Smiley laugh

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing the bouquet toss but not the garter. I was willing to skip both, but my friends want to do it and since they're all unmarried it makes sense!

My plan is to have the guys and the girls, and to maybe play a game to make some people move forward or backwards to give an advantage (like if you're not dating someone now take 1 step back, if you brought a date tonight 1 step forward etc). I do vow to NOT play single ladies during the toss, it's over done.
  • Sydney
    Beginner August 2021 Alberta
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just went to my sister's wedding in August. She had a garter just for pictures, for memories. She did not wear it and have a toss as it was uncomfortable to wear all day. As for the bouquet toss, her wedding was super small due to COVID, so the toss was all little children. She did have The Shoe Game in between to break up speeches etc.

My wedding is in July. I am going to do the same with the garter. I will not have a bouquet toss as I don't think I want to do that myself. I will probably just have games instead. Of course its completely your choice as the bride. Smiley smile

• Élisabeth
    Curious June 2023 Quebec
    Élisabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! It’s a thing I didn’t think about! I didn’t go to a lot of weddings, but clearly it must feel awful. I think your argument just answer my question since I wasn’t really encline to do it at first!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are just not doing it either. I personally hated being singled out when I was single or even when I was in a long term relationship it felt horrible.
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey!

So we are keeping the traditional bouquet toss (maybe, undecided) but definitely scrapping the garter toss; it's just not something we want to do. I think we might be adding the "Shoe Game" instead - it just seems like so much fun! My best friend also did this a couple years ago at her wedding and it was super entertaining, everyone was laughing and the pictures were so cute.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're just not doing it. I feel like if you're looking for something to break up dinner service, you can play a group game.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics