Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
VIP April 2019 British Columbia

Bouquet alternatives

Leah, on December 19, 2018 at 06:53 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9
Our wedding is in a garden and my dress has floral elements to it.

I’ve never been too keen on the idea of a bouquet from a practical standpoint (what will I do with it afterwards? How will it travel on the return flight?). Also - not having a bridal party or a bouquet toss soooo do I even really NEED a bouquet?

I am however open to alternatives and was thinking a first edition book, or vinyl album? Too hipster? I also dig this cuff that I found on Pinterest.

This is a call for bouquet alternative ideas - help please! (Note - the lantern, wreath options, aren’t my style).

Kind thanks for your help.🙏🏾

Bouquet alternatives 1

9 Comments

Latest activity by Monique, on July 12, 2019 at 06:03
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the parasols instead of a bouquet! It reminds me of Mulan!
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not doing a toss but if i was i was going to just get flowers from the dollarstore. but because im not im just carrying my dog lol

JulietBouquet alternatives 2

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi all! Thought I’d share an update. Instead of carrying a bouquet, I went with an alternative that suits me best.

I found a local cobbler who owns and operates a shop in Kensington Market. Using my mum’s wedding jumpsuit (circa 1972), she and her amazing staff transformed my grandmother’s clutch into a beautiful bundle of sentiment.🥰

Bouquet alternatives 3

Bouquet alternatives 4

Bouquet alternatives 5

Bouquet alternatives 6
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have seen parasols done which was super cute and might fit a garden theme. Plus it gives the ladies some sun shade if needed.

Or those decorative fans?

The vinyl album could be super cool too. Especially if it holds significance to you.

Also have seen balloon bouquets.. kind of cool.

Or I saw a post about cotton candy bouquets. ... and now I am really wishing I did that Smiley xd but mostly just so I could eat it haha.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Broach bouquets are gaining in popularity! It adds sparkle and you don't have to worry it on flights/preserving.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    10/10 would recommend puppies rather than bouquets! I would so do this and suggested it to FH, who shot me down saying I cant be trusted to give any of them back after the wedding (he knows me far too well😂)

In all honesty though I love all these ideas!

I decided to go with more of a greenery bouquet with eucalyptus and succulents and one single orange lily for a pop of colour! I wanted something a little less traditional but still wanted a classic look!

Bouquet alternatives 7

Bouquet alternatives 8

Bouquet alternatives 9

Bouquet alternatives 10
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had one friend that did a brooch bouquet. and she had fake flowers in it. and all the broaches were from her g-mas and her hubby's g-mas.

I wasn't going to have a bouquet (now I am...long story). but I was looking at carrying a clutch. my cousins wife did that. she had a small sparkly clutch. it was awesome. all her bridesmaid had a small gold clutch. looked beautiful.

you could even get a clutch and add the same floral elements from your dress to it. boom. tie it all together

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I completely get where you are coming from and so do these brides - check out some of the older posts for really great ideas! My favourite would have to be the lantern or balloon ideas.

Alternatives to a flower bouquet

Alternatives to bridesmaid bouquets

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you thought about a bouquet but maybe making it a bit different? Like a broach bouquet? Doesn't have to be large but a great way to add a little sparkle! You can even have family and friends donate a broach to you to put together a really sentimental broach bouquet!

Broach BouquetBouquet alternatives 11

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics