Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Bought my dress today!

Linzer, on February 18, 2017 at 17:24 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 23
This is all a little surreal. I got my dress today! I went to The Bride's Project with my mom. I started off not too thrilled, although I've lost weight I'm still top heavy and my boobs wouldn't fit into anything. We tried higher and higher dress sizes and the pickings got slimmer and slimmer. The champagne or blush dream wasn't happening, at least not here. Just felt fat and gross, especially since they have a strict no makeup policy I felt extra unattractive. Anyways.
While I was trying on dresses, a bride dropped off her donated dress and it was put into the "plus size" section. It was really pretty but the idea of trying on a size 20 wedding gown (I'm street 10/12 for what's it's worth) nearly broke my heart. Whatever. Swallowed my pride I did it. And.....voila. It's beautiful and fits my chest and can be brought in to fit my hips and chest. It's not what I originally wanted. At all. But it's got a lovely off white coloring underneath with the white lace overlay and will really suit the whole vibe on my wedding.
I'm still a little upset that I had to go "plus size ", but I know rationally no one will really know once I get it altered, probably down to a bridal 14 everywhere but the bust. My dress came with a note from the original owner, which was really really sweet and made me love the dress more.
Also, went to lunch at the restaurant I'm having my reception at and Gord Downie sat behind me. That was pretty neat. Bonus shots of the restaurant, can't wait to decorate it!

Bought my dress today! - 1

Bought my dress today! - 2

Bought my dress today! - 3

Bought my dress today! - 4

Bought my dress today! - 5

Bought my dress today! - 6

Bought my dress today! - 7

23 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on February 21, 2017 at 14:21
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your dress looks beautiful !! congrats !!! SO exciting !

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No problem! Can't wait to see the finished product. Mine should be in within a month or so.. freaking out a little.

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much! ❤❤ I'll be sure to post pics when I get it altered! Probably not until next year though....which is killing me I'm so impatient!
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahh I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who struggled! Stupid sizes!
    Thanks for kind words! Smiley laugh
  • Stephanie
    Devoted September 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Holy cow! Congratulations on buying your dress! That dress is super flattering and stunning on you! To be honest when I saw the picture of you I did not think at all you got it in the plus size rack! Super excited to see how it will look once it's altered and on your big day!!!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The dress looks gorgeous on you! Don't fret about the size. Bridal sizes are sooooo messed up. My first wedding dress was a size 20 when I wear a 8-10 in street clothes. My second dress is a 12 and needs to be taken in. It all depends on which company you buy from. Some companies run REALLY small. Either way, it looks amazing on you! Don't let the size bother you. It's just a number afterall.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your welcome!Smiley smile
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I didn't realize he was there until my last ten minutes! My MOH (the chef) who kept going back and forth between the kitchen to work and our table to chat, texted me from when she was back in the kitchen: don't freak out. Gord Downie is behind you having brunch. Didn't say anything because we are being cool and letting him eat in peace. I turn around and lo and behold, he's in glasses and toque but yup, it's him. I don't think anyone really noticed. He looked good, all things considered.....
    As for the dress, thanks so much!! I can't wait to get it altered although I'm probably going to sit on that for about a year.
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you!
    It was really cool to go back to the restaurant again yesterday! I'd been before, but not with the mindset: I'm having my wedding here. Now that it's for real I couldn't help but start imagining everything!
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much Val!
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much Simone!
  • Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations Lindsey, that dress looks beautiful on you!!!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow Lindsay, it's beautiful and you look stunnng in it!!!! I don't know what's more exciting , getting the dress or seeing Gord Downie! I would have lost my mind!!!!!!! Congratulations! One more thing off your list!!!!
  • Raphaela
    Frequent user June 2018 Alberta
    Raphaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The dress looks amazing. Love the lace Smiley smile the restaurant looks so cool!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

AHHHHH That's so exciting and it you look amazing, don't even worry about the random number on a tag! It doesn't mean anything.

So cool about the note, that's so sweet!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations Lindsey on buying your dress!Smiley smile you look fabulous!Smiley smile
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha that is not an old lady dress so she must have been young at heart! Such a sweet story! I am so in love with your dress and can't wait to see how you make it your own!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much!
    The cutest part of the note was that the bride got married at age 60 after being with her husband for 20 years!! ❤❤ so cute. But funny I have old lady taste haha
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much!
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you !! Yes they give to such worthy causes, 140k last year!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh! Congratulaions! That dress is gorgeous on you! I'm so glad that you ended up finding the dress of your dreams and that's so nice about the note from the previous bride. I love that sort of stuff! So happy for you!

• M
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Marcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just checked the brides project website I want to go there I love the fact it helps fight cancer
    You look amazing
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! I know I would feel the same way as you do. However, you'll look amazing on your wedding day and the size won't matter that day. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics