Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethany
Super July 2018 Alberta

Boudoir Shoots: Yea or Nay?

Bethany, on November 18, 2017 at 13:52 Posted in Before the wedding 0 27
Hi ladies, I know this is more of a personal question but if you feel comfortable definitely add into this conversation. I have just signed up for a boudoir session as I had a certificate to use from a photographer that I'm not having take our photos at the wedding and she suggested a boudoir shoots (this is her first one I believe). I am a little nervous but excited at the same time. I am hoping to give the photos to my fiancé- maybe on the wedding night or the night before I'm not sure. Will any of you ladies be doing this! Tell me your opinions!!

27 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on November 28, 2017 at 08:19
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've done a boudoir shoot and it was amazing. The important thing is to be comfortable with your photographer and be honest about the feel you're going for with the finished product, for instance, I wanted mine to be elegant and sensual as opposed to outright sexy, so we chose more wistful poses most of them with me looking somewhere other than the camera. I felt so beautiful when I saw the photos and it was really empowering.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome!!! I would totally do that with some friends if that were to ever happen! Glad you liked it!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I totally know what you mean!! They can get so pricey!!! I've seen some for $1000! I'm like no thank you! I ended up getting a photo session at an auction for $100 I think! So I'm like okay I'll just do that! I have to pay the makeup artist which is just an additional $50 but I don't mind because she's the same one who is doing my makeup for my wedding.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I could probably do it but I don't want the photographer to see me in a different light than he would has just a bride in her dress lol Thankfully there are other photographers here in town to offer boudoir sessions including the hair, makeup and location so you can totally surprise your significant other. However, it comes at a great cost...

• Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I highly recommend! My cousin did this for her sisters bachelorette! We all got our hair and makeup done and then the photographer came to us, it was one on one and thankfully it was a girl! Pictures came out absolutely stunning!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha yeah totally understand what you mean there!!! Luckily my photographer is a lady! That would be a bit awkward for me too I think if he was male!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Go girl! Good for you!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome Smiley smile Proud of you! I think if the opportunity comes up I might as well... but with a different photographer because I don't want my male photographer seeing me half naked haha

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's totally how I feel! But I decided I'm just going to do it!! And see how it goes! 😬 Hoping it turns out!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd love to do this for my fiancé but I don't know I would have the guts to do it.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes for sure you should! And I definitely agree! Hopefully after we start, I am more comfortable! The only thing is it is going to be outdoors in December haha!! I am pretty excited though! The pictures should turn out!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yup he knows it's happening, just won't see the pictures until then.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!! I will try! 😊
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tame, but still very sexy!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good luck and don’t forget to have fun Smiley smile
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say "yea", as long as it's something your fiancé would love to receive.

• Dana
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am planning to do some! I’m also a bit nervous but I think it will be a lot of fun and a great confidence boost Smiley smile
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that's an amazing wedding gift. Totally personal and fitting. I did a boudoir shoot years ago and I loved it. I would recommend it at any time Haha have fun! Here's a tame photo lol

Boudoir Shoots: Yea or Nay? 1
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it depends on the photgrapher price wise. But yes I hope so!! Looking forward to it!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s a great idea. Does anyone have any clue how much it costs?
    I am sure that you will feel comfortable after the first few shots, especially if the photographer knows how to gain your trust!
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good idea. Then it's separate from wedding costs, but still a nice gift.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have really been thinking about doing this! And not just for my fiancé. It’s good to feel good about yourself. And I’ve heard it can be a lot of fun! Unfortunately, it’s not exactly a part of the budget. So I may have to wait until after the wedding
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely want to do this! Thanks for bringing it up Smiley smile
    I am sure your FH would love the photos!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's not something I will be doing for the wedding. I have thought it would be an idea for an anniversary gift one year.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know he'll love it!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I know what you mean!! Haha for some reason I've kind of wanted to do them lol but we will see how this goes!!
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always thought this is something I'd never consider, but lately I kind of think it might be nice...I would just be horrified if anyone other than him ever saw them...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics