Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

Botox

Jen, on May 4, 2018 at 01:35 Posted in Beauty 0 22

Lets talk about it! I'm seriously considering it and have made an appointment to have the fine lines on my forehead done this weekend. I was also considering doing a small enhancement on my lips.

Have you ever tried botox or fillers? Where did you have it done on your face and did you like the results? Was it painful? Would you do it again? How long was your downtime and did you have a lot of bruising?

BotoxBotox 1

Lip fillersBotox 2

22 Comments

Latest activity by Lillian, on February 21, 2024 at 10:46
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally agree!

• ElsieBarker
    New York
    ElsieBarker ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there! I've had Botox done before, and I gotta say, it's definitely worth it!

• Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just got Botox last Friday for my frown lines!! It didn’t hurt at all and I can already see a difference. I started wearing glasses when I was 6 so I had a very deep frown line. Honestly I would do it again, it wasn’t painful at all and the clinic I went to was very nice. They didn’t pressure me and took their time during the consult. I’m gonna do it again in September for my October wedding!!
  • LennyShpitz
    Newbie April 2022 Nova Scotia
    LennyShpitz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I prefer a cosmetic routine, maybe I will change my mind later but now I think it looks unnatural

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used to have them done all the time at my previous job. I think my skin is really missing them. I'm going to start off with the 5% lactic acid and then work my way up. I'm hoping for good results from this stuff!

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Jen! I've been following along in this thread Smiley smile Lactic acid peels have the best results when 3 are performed 3-4 weeks apart. I just went to my favourite spa and I booked 5 lactic acid peels leading up to my wedding in August. Still cheaper than botox! They increase the lactic acid for each appt, I think there are three levels. Woo skin care! I'm excited to see the results. Let us know how you make out with the new products.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just checked it out...not recommended for pregnant women lol... nevermind then but definitely want to know how these work out for your for future reference!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hmmmm I think I'm going to check that out!!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, I will. And the prices are phenomenal! I purchased a 5% lactic acid peeling treatment and a "buffet" serum for $29!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Luckily these days we have SO much to choose from. So if one thing does work we can try another and another till we find the right one! Definitely update on how these work for you!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just came across these lovely products from the Ordinary and I'm going to give those a shot!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was just at the body shop and they suggested for slowing down wringles and making then less visible the drops of youth is absolutely amazing. I know protection that have used it and it came in a mother's day special practically free so I'm going to try it out and I'm hoping it will be good.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've decided against doing the botox in my forehead. I'm going to look into good retinol skin care products and start there. I do take very good care of my skin and always have. Fine lines and wrinkles are inevitable but I'd like to slow them down.

I am however going to go ahead with a slight fill to my lips. I'm less scared to put a product in my body that it naturally makes compared to something that causes severe food poisoning.

What are some good retinol based products that you use that you find help benefit your skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles?

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't speak to botox... although my sister (36) has been getting it done for a couple years apparently...

My cousin did lip fillers once, in her early 20s... no weirdness, just plumped them up for a while... but now she knows what they look like filled and she wants it again because she doesn't like it as is, but it's really expsensive, and not maintainable without a big budget.

• April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Botulinum toxin or Botox is a neurotoxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum and related species. Personally I stay away from neurotoxins Smiley smile

Botulinum toxin is one of the most poisonous substances known to man.

Despite botulinum toxin being so toxic, Botox is in huge demand.

Botulinum toxin can be injected into humans in extremely small concentrations and works by preventing signals from the nerve cells reaching muscles, therefore paralyzing them.

This on top of a google search for botched botox is enough to keep me away.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/158647.php

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went for a consult, but ultimately I declined the service. First, I'm allergic to everything and I did bring my recent allergy test results for her to skim over (allergic to 3 chemicals). She wouldn't even look at my paperwork and she wouldn't let me look over the ingredients in her botox. She said I should go to my doctor and have them inject a small amount to see if I react to it. Sure lady, my family doctor just keeps the same botox in his office. Second, the lady who performs it at a spa I go to was probably 75 years old, a registered nurse, and it was obvious she didn't use any type of botox. I'd prefer to have someone who uses and trusts the integrity of their own product. It was just a bad vibe so I didn't proceed. Go for a consult and if it feels right why not.
  • April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't. Just because I wouldn't want to have a reaction or something. Also, it is a toxin, thats why it gets rid of wrinkles.

You're quite beautiful, He loves you the way you are, I don't think you need to change a thing. Be your radiant you Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not something I was ever interested in. But, if you are, definitely make an appointment to discuss these things and quickly, since your wedding is coming up pretty fast! I know Botox doesn't last very long, so definitely something to consider as well.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope.
    i see no need for it. a good skincare regimen should be all you need
  • Kaydene
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Kaydene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got botox a few days ago. It wants painful or anything like that. Just have to waitfor 2 weeks to see if i need touch ups
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mean, I’m 20 so I don’t exactly have any wrinkles and my lips are a really good size so I wouldn’t need either. But my absolute fear of needles would definitely stop me even if I wanted to!

I say if you want to, go for it! Make yourself feel good in your skin! But just make sure you know for sure you want too, if there’s hesitation, don’t. You can always do it later if you decide to then.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    People have asked me about this but I don't think I'll ever. I've never had an issue with the lines in my face, even for the wedding. I've seen some botched Botox and lip fillers done and it scares me so much especially around the wedding. And I know that rarely happens anymore but it's just a huge fear of mine lol my step mom is getting Botox with her best friend in a few weeks for her friends wedding. It's definitely a good way to get the smoothest looking skin in a short period of time, I'm just an overthinker lol maybe closer to the wedding I'll change my mind who knows

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics