Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Booze - Splurge or Save?

Lynnie, on 19/August/2019 at 10:29 Posted in Wedding reception

Most couples spend between 30-40% of their entire wedding budget on food and drinks - and booze can certainly help rack up the bill! Are you splurging on top shelf liquor? Or offering a more conservative selection of wine and beer?

Are you splurging or saving on booze? 馃

Booze - Splurge or Save? 1

Photo by Anna Delores Photography

Next Question: Transportation - Splurge or Save?

Back to the Beginning: Splurge or Save?

Share:

23 Comments

• Sagan
    Newbie June 2019 British Columbia
    Sagan

Splurge- open bar. This was very important to us, and easier to do with a small wedding (60 people)

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie
    Saved. We brought our own and so had a limited selection of drinks.
  • Becky
    Featured September 2019 Ontario
    Becky

Save- We are doing cash bar

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena
    Saved. We are doing drink tickets.
  • Chelsea
    Featured June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea
    Both? we鈥檙e doing a toonie bar, but there will be absolutely no shortage
  • Shannon
    Frequent user September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon
    Splurge. It's a party.

• Emily
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Emily
    Save.

The general consensus from my community, venue and family was to put a bottle of red and white on each table and then the bar at my venue will be open. This is especially because we have a small budget to work with!
  • Val茅rie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Val茅rie

Splurge.

In addition to offering a drink after the ceremony and wine at dinner, we'll also have an open bar for a limited time after dinner (we're putting $2k down at the bar and once it's gone, it'll be a cash bar). That was a massive splurge for us.

• Rayanne
    Featured February 2021 Ontario
    Rayanne
    It is included in the venue fee. It was important that we have open bar and I not have to worry about what the bill was the next day.
  • S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra

Definitely a splurge for us - both families (mine, especially) are HEAVY heavy drinkers lmao. We're having a premium open bar and our ballroom has two bars inside, 4 bartenders each bar!

• Amelia
    Featured September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia

UGH we can't decide on this one. We'd really like to save on booze and do a cash bar after dinner but I'm a little nervous of what his family would think.

• Veronica
    Featured October 2020 Alberta
    Veronica
    View quoted message
    Omg haha YES! I can relate so much to this post. I鈥檓 glad someone is doing the same thing. Like tbh we are OK with no open bar as we want a more sophisticated evening vs drunken party anyway, buuuut not sure how guests will feel about it. So hopefully the few free drinks will help.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra
    View quoted message
    We鈥檙e doing almost exactly the same except instead of bubbly it鈥檚 a second drink ticket. Our liquor also comes with the venue and it鈥檚 pricey af
  • BunnyBride
    Devoted August 2020 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride

This is a definite save for us as it's going to be a dry event (severe allergies to alcohol involved...I'd rather not have/be a medical emergency at my wedding!). We are planning to do something instead....but I feel that is more splurge on food and save on booze.

• Alix
    Featured June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Alix

We're hoping to save if we can.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison

Again, included with our venue/catering costs

Comment on this discussion

Related articles