Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flora
Frequent user September 2021 British Columbia

Booking the Venue

Flora, on May 19, 2019 at 19:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 43
How far ahead did everyone book their venue and how many did you consider before choosing. We have had our hearts set on one but Im wondering if we should check out a couple before settling. Thanks

43 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on May 22, 2019 at 10:06
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked a year and 9 months in advance. We weren't planning to book that early, but after reaching out to a few venues and realizing how booked up everything as already, we realized we had to act fast.

I can't really remember how many we considered. We only reached out to 2-3. I feel like once we found the one we ended up going with, we stopped looking because we loved it so much. If you really love one already, I'd say you made your decision...but it never hurts to consider a couple more, just to confirm that for yourself Smiley smile

• Alyssa
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I started looking almost right away. The venue is the biggest decision and there are only so many Saturdays that are available in the specific season you are looking for. We went to my #1 place and got offered an amazing deal. We wanted to go to another place just to have something to compare it to and it only solidified our first venue as the one. So we booked our venue in February a month after we got engaged and our Wedding is October 2020.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my FH booked our venue roughly 1 year and 7 months ahead of the wedding day.

To be fair, our venue booked up the rest of the 2019 dates before the end of Spring with the exception of literally one date.

• Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg its so Beautiful over there. My FH parents moved to Powell River last year. We get over there as often as we can. Im excited for you. Have a wonderful wedding
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m not too sure, maybe cause I’m having a super small wedding? It’s at the West Coast Wilderness Lodge on the Sunshine Coast in BC. I’m SUPER excited! It’s only 4 month away 😀
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would prefer one that we can do reception and ceremony and pictures there are some beautiful one's that will be amazing for all three here in BC within an hour of our hometown
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are getting married same year. Thanks
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's our plan teo years ahead. So we can figure out what will fit for decor give the family and friends enough time to save for those who are traveling from overseas.
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Maybe pricing for the Year was different? Every place i spoke to so far would book for 2021 so that is odd. Were did you book? Are you so excited only a few months to go
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had looked online at about 3 places. 2 were way over our budget. I ended up just looking at one and it was beautiful so I booked it! They wouldn’t let us book more than one year ahead so I had to book Sept 23, 2018 for a Sept 23, 2019 wedding which I found odd
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We toured 5 venues in total, the one we settled on was the last we looked at. We booked it April 2017 and for a May wedding it was booked until 2019. We were really set on a certain venue but when we got there we realized that the package didn't include much and there were a lot of criteria we had to meet in order to have the wedding there so we looked at other ones. The more we looked at the more we could figure out what we were looking for in our venue.

I think it never hurts to look out more, you could be surprised and find one that you absolutely fall in love with.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked ours two years in advance and I'm glad. Our date turned out to be very popular. Our photographers said they have been asked about 10 times for our date after we booked with them. They were the ones that suggested finding a venue before booking a photographer or anything.

• Tiffany
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am getting married in 2021 and have looked at multiple venues already many which already have dates booked for 2021. I say if you love the place book it!! Go with your heart!!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked a year ahead, and got the last Saturday of the summer (wanted summer since it was most convenient for out of town guests). It was the third venue we looked at and stopped looking after we saw it. It was a top contender after doing online research and seeing it just sealed the deal!
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've been contacting venues. The one i wanted just seems like so far for everyone tp Travel and i don't want anyone to not ne able to come because the cost is too much to make it
  • S
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I booked about 4-5 months before because of our short engagement. Of you're doing a longer engagement anyway I would not put it off! So stressful! I looked into a ton of options that were booked and looked at 2.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We began looking at venues 18 months prior to our wedding date. I emailed about 40 or so, then based on that visited 8ish. Then we narrowed it down to the one that checked the most boxes for us.

I think it would be useful for you to see your options before choosing one since you don't know what might be out there.

• Siciel
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Siciel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I booked mine 6 months before the wedding, which actually worked for our favor as we got a very good deal since it wasn't booked
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I booked mine a year and a half in advance. We chose this venue because all other venues would have been 20-45 min away. We also had on site locations for people to stay there- this was a different venue from ceremony. It included all tables, chairs, all kitchen utilities- didn't have to rent any plates or cutlery or anything! Only rented water glasses and wine glasses which was able to through venue at a very cheap cost. We really liked this venue. If we weren't getting married at a church we would have chose a different location.

• Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes i was really wanting kicking horse mountain but it is 4 hours away from our hometown and would cost a lot for our guests to stay. I want to have as many of our friends and family come. So I am looking at other options closer to town and with a different venue i don't have to cut on things that would make the day much more easier
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked about 18 months out. We contacted possibly 6-7 venues, visited only 2 and made our choice shortly after.

Since we're planning our wedding from a distance (live in Alberta, getting married in Québec), we scheduled our venue visits when we were going to be in town. Emailing them beforehand definitely helped weed out the ones that were out of the budget, or didn't offer what we were looking for.

• Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The process is similar for ours we book tentatively and then deposit when we sign contract and then a second deposit a few months before and then the rest a month before and then they bill us for food after the wedding. So it gives us a lot of time to save and pay.
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It really is. The food is a little pricey, But we are just putting together a play list for the reception, we have a family member doing the pictures, and Im going to grow the followers so I will save a ton that way.

I am going to check out the other venue too just to be sure and compare prices.
  • Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We looked at 7 different venues 2 we loved. We will be booking ours in October, but paying the deposit next October( they are going to hold the place for us without the deposit)

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked the venue as soon as we got engaged, about 8 months before the wedding day. I looked at a lot online but only 3 in person. Definitely look at a few options, so you can make an informed choice Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I googled it! Looks amazing!! Just a stunning backdrop as well!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only looked at one haha, and we booked it about 10 months in advance, right after we got engaged

• Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea They were saying they don't have any bookings for 2021 yet but that can change fast so o think we are going to just book it. We both love it and it has a the ceremony and reception all in one place and no cleanup the next day and includes a suite for us laides to get ready in.
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Earlier the better than...
  • Flora
    Flora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've been comparing pricess and yhe majority of them are so expensive compared to the one we want and not nearly as stunning
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is August 2020 and we booked last month, in april. I was pretty set on this one but did keep a few others in mind. Luckily it worked out as our venue only started booking 2020 at the time so they were pretty open
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only looked at 2 Venues and booked ours 18 months in advance. When you like something and the date you want is open I say grab it. Booking your venue is never too early!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics