Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Super August 2018 Alberta

Booked our venues yesterday!

Amanda, on April 26, 2017 at 09:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
So, the past 2 months have been completly insane for me...
At the end of February, the company my fiancé and I both worked for announced it was shutting down, so we lost our jobs...
A week later, we found out that my aunt's cancer had metastisized to her brain...
About a week after that, my fiancé decided he was going to start up his own business, buying some of the equipment from our old boss.
So needless to say, these last 2 months have been a bit of a blur... World flipped upside-down inside-out kind of blur... But yesterday, after almost having to cancel the wedding altogether, we booked our ceremony and reception venues! I'm so excited and I can't wait to get on with planning our big day!!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Zoë, on April 27, 2017 at 09:32
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amanda!

Wow what a story. I'm so proud of you. You are really strong.

You will see, it will be the best day of your life. Smiley heart

Me and the other brides are here to help you.

xx

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When my head wasn't where I needed it to be, I found that doing physical activity helped me immensely! Wether I do yoga in the living room, hit up the gym, or just go on a walk in the evening, it lifted my mood sooooooo much! I just plugged in my headphones and cranked the music. And each day I felt better and better.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Kacy! Staying positive has definitely been trying at times, but I'm sure that our attitudes have been what got us through it!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my. Well, I hope everything works out for you guys!! All my best wishes being sent your way right now!
    There's a little place about 15 minutes out of Edmonton that we booked for our ceremony. It's called Hastings Lake Gardens. It's a beautiful outdoor venue with a gazebo, walking paths and whatnot. And then we booked a community hall in the city for our reception. The rafters are exposed wooden beams so it's a gorgeous room too! I can't wait to see what it'll look like all gussied up!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you! We are definitely trying to take a difficult situation and make it a wonderful opportunity!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you. I have been in a funk lately for sure and kind of just go to work or lay in bed watching netflix. I have done some things for the jack and jill but my mindset is definitely not where it needs to be.

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What the......!!! I have no words, I'm speechless!! Kudos to you both for looking forward and seeing the positive while starting a business and working on a wedding in the midst of all of that! You can surely get through anything together! Let us know if you need anything, we're all here for you! Xoxox
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    HOLY SH****!!! How awful!! I hope that you raise tons of money and won't have to rely on the line of credit too much! You seem so bubbly and positive despite it all, very impressive! Let us know if we can help with anything xoxox
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally understand how you are feeling! The past couple months have been insane for us as well. My sister (one of the bridesmaids) has been just horrible and constantly picking fights for no reason. We had to buy a new car and to keep the cost down we bought a used car, but the girl turned out to be a real con artist and turns out the car needed a new transmission and what not, but all the issues with the car, were ones that weren't noticable and weren't going to be found during a safety and so she got away with it all and now our whole wedding savings is gone, plus we still need summer tires put on and we have to buy them new and so that is costing us as well. It is so close to our wedding though that everything is booked and so we really can't do anything except put the whole wedding on our line of credit and try and save up as much as we can in the next couple months and hopefully our jack and jill pays off. Also one of the members of our church was found hanging in a tree on Friday...a power line hit the tree and elctocuted him and he sadly passed away because nobody was there with him. So we have had a lot on ours minds as well. I am happy everything worked our for you guys and hopefully the same thing happens for us! Where did you guys end up booking?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! That's a lot going on! I'm glad to hear that everything has worked out. Best of luck to your FH in the new business. Congrats on booking your venues!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics