Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Newbie August 2020 Ontario

Blonde or Brunette

Britteny, on December 19, 2019 at 21:55 Posted in Beauty 0 13
Hey fellow brides and planners!
So I’m 6 months out from my wedding and having a hard time deciding from having blonde or brunette hair. I go back and forth all the time I’ve been dying my hair since god knows when so I don’t really remember my natural hair colour anymore. I did my engagement photos blonde but my grandmother always said a beautiful bride is a brunette, she’s no longer with us so in a way I feel I’d be doing it to honour her, however; I only plan on doing this once so I just wanna make the right choice.
Was hoping for some thoughts! - I’ve attached a picture of me with both blonde and brunette.... it’s been a few years since I’ve gone dark hahah but it’s just for the idea. Thanks loves Blonde or Brunette 1Blonde or Brunette 2

13 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on December 31, 2019 at 11:07
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both look really nice, but I really like the blonde on you!

I'm naturally a dark brunette who for the longest time, had dark red hair (as shown in the engagement photo)

Blonde or Brunette 3

For our wedding, I wanted to do something different so I did a blonde balayage and love it!! I felt like my dark red would compete with our wedding colours (teal and purple) which is part of the reason why I changed it.

Blonde or Brunette 4

Blonde or Brunette 5

If you can't decide, a balayage might be right for you since you would have both the brunette and the blonde look!

• K
    Newbie January 2020 Ontario
    Kenzie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How do you feel best about yourself?
    I'm going through the same thing. I've been blonde for a year and just staying blonde for the wedding because that is who I am now.
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Britteny. Both are gorgeous but I love your brown hair. I have a couple of friends who got married blonde and then after the wedding they became brunette... I always thought "didnt you want to have the same color in your wedding photos?" So think after the wedding what your hair color will be because you dont want to look back on the photos and look different right? That is just my thought Smiley smile
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look great in both shades so it really doesn’t matter at the end of the day.
    Your dress might help you decide your colour depending on the style or accessories. Or you could see how it matches with your theme! There’s lots of ways you can consider your colour.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love your blonde colour! I’ve been going blonde most of my adult life and my stylist and I did something more “natural” a month ago (brown with hints of blonde) and I hate it lol I’m booking an appointment to get it changed back to blonde next month.
  • A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Blonde. Especially since you've been blonde for a few years.

• Briana
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Briana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both are beautiful and you can definitely pull them off but I agree that the Blonde seems more suiting. I don't know you but the Blonde seems very 'you' and almost more natural.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You look nice in both hair colors but i have to pick one i pick the blond. i feel like it suits your skin complexion more

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Okay, yes - you look great in both hair colours, yes - it would be beautiful to honour your grandmother in that way. Also I agree that the darker colour makes your eyes stand out more but at the same time if you have been blonde for so long as of right now then I would think it may be a bit of a shock to just up and switch....

I think that if I were in your shoes what I would do is grow out your hair just a little until you can start to see the colour of your roots and then go with as close to that colour as you can (but of course I am on team natural colour no matter the colour).

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are beautiful either way. I love how your eyes stand out with the darker colour but I would go with what you feel more comfortable with. No matter which you canr go wrong.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do like the idea of going brunette as a way to honour your grandmother.

But if it's been a few years since you went dark do you think you will like it as much?

I always find hairstyles with any kind of dimension look better on lighter hair, so depending on how you're planning on wearing your hair on your wedding day you may prefer blonde.

Take a look at your hairstyle inspiration photos (if you have any) are the majority of them on blonde or brunette hair?

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go with whatever you typically look like. If you've been blonde more I would stick with blonde.
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well, you're beautiful either way so you can't go wrong.

If your wedding is in the Spring I think I would vote for blonde. I think that lightness matches the season. If you were blonde is there another way you could honour your grandmother?
    On the other hand, if having brunette hair feels like the most authentic way of honoring your grandmother, I would definitely go dark.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics