Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie June 2021 Ontario

Blending of 2 very different style ideas?

Trish, on August 4, 2019 at 14:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Little lost on how not to to make this look completely ridiculous. Partner is very into fishing and has asked that this be incorporated into our wedding. To me that means earth tone palets and not at all the rose gold and red I was envisioning... Thoughts? Should I change my ideas on colours or is there a way to blend these two things?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Lindsay, on August 9, 2019 at 21:28
  • Lindsay
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to a wedding where all the groomsmen had lures on their boutonnieres! Super cute.

My FH is also very into fishing, and we're getting married at our cottage, so there will be little nautical touches throughout. Jute rope placemats under the centrepieces, I found a lighthouse shaped beverage dispenser and a steel tub shaped like a boat at Winners that we'll use for the cocktail hour. I think it's totally do-able to have nods to fishing without changing your colour scheme!

• S
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a wedding last year and from what I remember they did a cake topper, guest book (everyone signed a big fish to hang up as a decoration), and favours (jars of homemade seasoning). It was really well done!
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could add it into centerpeices. not sure what your orig vision was but maybe some clear vases with pebbles and water (maybe a water proof light under the rocks for some light) and then flowers/petals floating on top?

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think you are on the right track, show us some pics when you get there!

• T
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for all your replies. You're right, I can incorporate small little pieces without going overboard. Thinking cake topper, table numbers, seating chart and card box as a tackle box, then Mr and Mrs signs for our chairs in a fish shape then a fishing themed candy bar for favours maybe.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of people have suggested rods, lures, etc. which are great ideas!

It's not exactly fishing fish, but there are a lot of beautiful fish in reds and rose tones, like the Red Rosetail (see picture below) or something that is red and white but replacing the white with the rose gold (like a pair of koi fish circling each other). Maybe you could use fish like that for inspiration for how to incorporate your current colour scheme and fishing?

Blending of 2 very different style ideas? 1

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keep your colours as planned to your vision. Add touches of fishing to your décor to have that personal touch. Cake topper idea is nice and will like as to adding some lines to the money box and some fishes caught and some empty lines. Centerpieces can have some lines poking out to show a bit of it too.

Putting some of this interests shows your thinking of him in a way he will appreciate.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with all the other ladies. It doesn’t have to look like you are outside fishing to incorporate that into your wedding. Little centrepieces with lures, maybe mini rods.
    Your card box could be a tackle box. The guys can wear fishing socks. You can do a grooms cake with a fish on it
    there are honestly so many little things that you can add while keeping your colour scheme.

My FH is a huge fisher as well, so our cake topper is actually a couple with the guy holding a fishing rod and our initials are at the end of the line! So if you need any ideas let me know Smiley smile Check out Pinterest for sure!
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like Amanda said, this can be incorporated in other ways. What about naming tables after his favourite lakes, streams etc where he likes to fish? Or different species of fish? Or in the favours (“Found my perfect catch” with fish-shaped candy?) You can still have your colour palette and find a way to cast a line towards what he’s asking.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pinterest has so many ideas for fishing theme weddings, if you just did a few you can use any colours really. Your entire wedding doesn't need to look like a fishing boat... find two or three you like. Keep FH happy and keep your wedding what you would envision... good luck.
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Use fishing lures as part of your centrepieces. They dazzle in the light. If you hung them from branches with pictures of you both that would look pretty cute.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Does it have to be a color change? what about a little decor or signs that give fishing a nod. Or cake.. some people have their traditional wedding cake and thrn a smaller "grooms cake" and I've seen ones that are sports related so you could have one made that was a fishing theme.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics