You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Shelly
Newbie July 2021 Ontario

Blending family ideas?

Shelly, on September 13, 2020 at 09:11 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5
Saved Save

We are a couple that will be blending our family's together. And I looking for ideas on ways to show my bonus daughter and son how much they mean to me and how much I love them. Any suggestions?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Shelly, on September 15, 2020 at 04:31
  • Shelly
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

The unity sand cermony does sound like a good way. Dancing to a song they pick could be lots of fun.

Thank you for your ideas.

• Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute

Sand ceremony is a nice way of having the whole family to unite as one during the ceremony. There is also a choice to add them as a security ring bearer and bouquet holder standing at the altar with you. Dancing with the kids is also a nice way to incorporate a song they enjoy.

• Amelia
    Featured October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    I've heard of people including their children in their vows. They invite them up and have a separate set of vows just for them, like "I promise to love you like my own".
    I also love the idea of a special moment that you guys plan together like a dance or a surprise from the three of you to their dad.
  • Shelly
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Thank you for the ideas, I could the kids liking the dance part.

• Sarah
    Featured August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    You could do a unity sand ceremony with the kids to show that no matter what life throws at you guys you will always be bonded just like the sand.I personally have my step sons name tattooed on my body right along with my boys and my fiancé has the same on his.You could also have each child pick a song and dance that you learn and perform together at the wedding that could be a ton of fun and a bonding experience.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles