Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Seleena
Super September 2019 British Columbia

Biggest diy Project Ever-what is yours?

Seleena, on April 1, 2019 at 11:26 Posted in DIY 0 46
I am currently working on the largest DIY project for my wedding. So far, I have spent about 14 (give or take) hours on it. I have only completed 23 of 110 strands! 🤯
It is actually pretty fun to work on knowing what the final project will look like. I am keeping them together by stacking them and using paper clips to label them for where they will go on the strand.

What is your biggest or most exciting DIY?

Biggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 1

Biggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 2

Biggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 3

46 Comments

Latest activity by Seleena, on September 11, 2019 at 11:39
  • Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yea, I can do one 8 foot strand in about 10 minutes now. It is September, my wedding is 12 days away, and I still have not finished it LOL

• Tinaka
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Tinaka ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are gorgeous!

Do you have templates or an instructional video lol! Ive been considering using paper flowers myself. Maybe a backdrop or even made into centerpieces some how.

I also am going to use them as my bouquet in place of traditional flowers.
  • Tinaka
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Tinaka ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually have seen this and was thinking about doing it myself. Glad to know rough hours for it lol.

I work a desk job and midnights for the next 8 months so ill have plenty of time to DIY some stuff at work.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks like I'm going to be DIYing all of our paper items (menus, table numbers, seating charts) for the reception. We're doing greenery and gold....but recently, I decided to to retro-chalkboard style stuff for the paper things.

Our venue is this really lovely garden, and we have ornate gold frames for the table numbers, seating chart, and welcome sign, The greenery and the gold accents will be really beautiful and classy, and the chalkboards will be a touch of fun, which is totally my fiance and I.

It'll be a little bit "Rococo meets 1920's meets whimsical garden" lol.

Unfortunately what I have in mind for the menus doesn't really exist (or at least I can't find it)....so I'll probably end up DIYing it all on Photoshop. It'll be time consuming, but I'm pretty Photoshop savvy, so I think it'll be worth it!

Maybe after my wedding I can open an etsy shop and sell my design afterwards hahaha!

example of menu I have in mindBiggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 4

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just bought all the stuff to make my MOH's hoop, but now that I see this pic, I think I might need some more greenery. Good luck with your projects.

• Emily
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ladder Biggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 5hoopsBiggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 6

Havent started them yet but these will be my biggest two, floral hoops and ladder chandelier.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Jennifer!

• Jennifer
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is going to look stunning when done! Can't wait to see the final product!

So far....my invitations have taken the longest to make. About 35 hours total ... to make 32 invitations.
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Soooo pretty! Well done (execution and budget!)
  • Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is going to look so cool when it's done! It's so pretty! What will you be using it for?

I have 2 large DIY projects. I made all of our signs (menu, bar, unplugged ceremony etc), and then I made all of the flowers for our bouquets/boutonnieres. The signs took about 20 hours in total. The bouquets took 60 hours in total. I'm so happy with how they turned out though! Glad I took it on. All of the DIY projects have been so much fun!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love these!! The colours are amazing
  • Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow, those are so pretty! Can’t believe it took that long per flower 🤯
  • Jenn
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made these paper flowers that I’ll be using for a decorative photo wall. Took 1-2 hours per flower.

Biggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 7
  • Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will when I get married. Too much work to set it all up and take it apart and reorganize it 😂😂 I don’t have a team to set anything up for me. I’m enlisting some family members haha
  • Donna Yeung
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Please post your final product! Would love to see the finished product Smiley heart
    I just made all the florals and had my decor team set it all up. I hope you have a designated team to do all that for you. Will definitely take the stress off your shoulders.

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, I'm very excited to see how it comes out! I won't actually see the final product until my wedding because it is too time consuming to set it all up and take it all apart and reorganize lol.

That is INSANE the amount of money you saved. But, I would much rather save myself almost 8 grand to do it myself! Also, they look amazing Smiley smile

• Donna Yeung
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Girl, that looks amazing, i'm sure once it's done, you'll feel super accomplished!

Probably my biggest DIY was doing all my florals. I had 5 bouquets, 20 boutonnierres, and 30 tables of florals. It took forever, but instead of shelling out 8k, I spent 800. So I'd say it was worth it.

CenterpiecesBiggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 8

BouquetsBiggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 9

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s going to look amazing! Also looks very time consuming like mine has been 😂
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the look of your project and am excited to see how it turns out!

My big DIY project is hand embroidering 15 table runners to look like the example below. Like yours, nothing super complicated but you have to do it a million times over! lol

Biggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 10

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

All fake wisteria vines from Amazon. We wanted to get started on this way ahead of time so we went with artificial flowers.

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that’s so pretty! Are those real or fake flowers?
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is amazing, and wow that’s dedication! Our largest DIY is our archway. We spent 7-8 hours on it already and still have probably another 2-3 to go

Biggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 11
  • Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is pretty tedious for sure! It took me 3 days to cut everything and make about 40 strands. Not nearly as bad as I had imagined. I won't actually see the final product until my wedding day because it will be a huge mess trying to get everything together and then deconstructing it all.

• Lussierk00@outlook.com
    Curious January 2020 Manitoba
    Lussierk00@outlook.com ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Holy smokes good for you for doing that. Looks like it takes a lot of patience. I hope It turns out great!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nope! All together was under $3 per bottle! I know theres less expensive favours out there but all things considered $3 for a bottle of wine each is pretty good!
  • Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yum! Zinfandel is my favourite. Did it cost much do have a bunch of bottles made?

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah! We tested a few bottles already (lol) this is a Zinfendel Blusb and we made a white riesling as well!! They are our wedding favours and 1 each per guest!
  • Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow those look so good! Did you get to taste the wine? Looks like a rosé.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I love it!!! I have seen those all over pinterest and I absolutely love them! Just way too much work for us haha!

Wine BottlesBiggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 12

This was our biggest DIY!

Homemade wine! Took about 6 sessions over 2 months to get everything into the bottles! And then a few more hours spent, cleaning and labeling the bottles, putting on the gold seal topped and thank you notes at the top!

I love the DIYs! It's so worth the effort seeing all your hard work paid off in the end result! And you can show off to people like "We made that!" Love it!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure if they do - all my flowers and leaves will be fake Smiley tongue

My Baba is a florist though so she has access to the big warehouses that have SO MUCH flowers and SO MANY options!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks same here!!

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I knew once I had seen it that it’s what I wanted to do. Super looking forward to seeing how it turns out. My biggest struggle is having 3 cats.... and lots of string 😂

Oh that sounds interesting. I’m curious to see how that turned out! I actually had to google word cloud cause I wasn’t sure what that was. But it’s super cute! It’s definitely hard to get in the crafty mood for sure. I spent like 1 month just researching this paper backdrop and trying to find the damn paper lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics