Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arexy
Devoted October 2020 Ontario

Big hair mistake / regret

Arexy, on September 24, 2020 at 15:37 Posted in Beauty 0 10
Hi everyone! So I made the mistake of trying blonde balayage so soon to the big day. Long story short, I do not like it. The hair stylist did a lovely job, and the colour is quite lovely. But it’s just not “me”. I like my hair dark, and one solid colour. I’m Armenian, and I have dark features. I regret doing it, and I want to get her to dye over it and go back dark. But the only thing holding me back is I spent so much money... should I bite the bullet and just go back to my beautiful dark hair colour? It’ll cost me more. Or should I just deal with what I have? Any advice would be appreciated. I’m quite sad Smiley sad

10 Comments

Latest activity by Cindy, on September 25, 2020 at 10:26
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally agree with the ladies. Go back to what you love so you can be happy with your wedding photos.

I LOVE to change my hair and try new things but I knew I would stick to my favorite hair style and color before my wedding. When I postponed my wedding to next year, I colored my hair purple. LOL. Now I have a little longer to try new things before going back to my fav.

• Arexy
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re right! At least now I know it’s not for me. Maybe if I didn’t do it I would have always wondered if I should have. Thank you Smiley smile
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You don’t know unless you try! I’m sure it’ll all work out and it’s good that they’re working on a discount! Smiley smile
  • Arexy
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a great point Amelia! Thank you Smiley smile I am definitely going back
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go back. If not you might end up hating all your wedding photos and memories and that will "cost" you more emotionally than fixing your hair.
  • Arexy
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s nice to hear that I am not alone! I guess we all make mistakes. My stylist told me because it’s a new colour it’s a separate service... they are going to try to work out a small discount for me. Anything helps.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This happened to me once. I wanted to go darker and my stylist used a colour that pulled very red on me and just looked bland. I was really unhappy with it and called a few days later to make an appointment to lighten up the colour. She ended up fitting me in on short notice and just charged me for the product - I would have been willing to pay full price to fix my hair but I really appreciated the discount.

Can you talk to your hair stylist about changing it back? She may be willing to fix your hair for a reduced price since you aren't happy with the original colour. If you're a regular customer she's going to want to keep you happy. Even if she won't do that, I think you'll be happier in the end if you go back to your dark colour.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe that's hard. I am assuming with the highlights now when you go dark it will be different dimensions. So I think it would "add dimension" if no you did that now. And hair can be like that. I've had hair cuts and colours I've regretted and had to go back and change! It happens ! For your wedding though make sure your happy with it!
  • Arexy
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ugh I know. My hair gal was pushing me to do this to “add dimension”. I regret it.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely go back if you don't like it. You don't want to have regrets on your wedding day or in pictures.
    My hair dresser told me no trying anything new close to the wedding for that reason lol. I'm very hair picky. So we are sticking with my normal until the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics