Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Big city or small town? Are you finding many vendors in your area?

Emilie, on February 27, 2017 at 11:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21

Hey brides and grooms!

I hope you're having a great Monday! Smiley star How's your wedding planning going?

Are you getting married in a big city or small town?

Are you finding many vendors in your area?

giphy.gif

Image: Giphy.com

21 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on March 5, 2017 at 01:50
  • Danielle
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's a small town wedding & it was difficult to find options. We have a BiG family, so we needed a venue able to accommodate us. I'm happy to say, we found it!! Our options may of been limited, but what we have will be perfect.
  • Danielle
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im orginally from Goulds Newfoundland, grow up there my whole life. 2 years ago we moved to Nova Scotia for our first posting. And we are returning to newfoundland next year to get married. I can not wait most of the family is still there. I have been finding alot of verndors. I have my venue booked and ceremony

• F
    Curious June 2017 British Columbia
    Falisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting married in Kelowna BC. Vendors are abundant, and very diverse. There are so many people that love weddings here in the Okanagan.
  • Micheala
    Curious October 2017 British Columbia
    Micheala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im having my wedding on the Sunshine Coast and it was pretty easy to find a venue. We are at a resort called the Painted Boat Resort Spa & Marina. Its not on a beasch but still onnthe ocean.
  • Sunshine Shae
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Sunshine Shae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Booked my vendor, in Burlington Ontario, it was "pricey" but I fell in love with the venue and had positive feedbacks/reviews about the place, so looking forward to it Smiley smile

• Katherine
    Curious August 2017 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's not a problem finding vendors, the problem is finding vendors at the right price and ones you feel comfortable with.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Samantha! How are you? Smiley smile Have you been able to book most of the vendors you'll need so far? I'm so happy to hear you'll be doing a lot of DIY!! I thought I'd share these ideas with you:

Ideas to decorate your wedding with pom-poms

5 origami bouquets. Which one would you choose?

6 DIY table numbers

Will your bouquet also be DIY? Smiley love

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Fikayo, did you meet Samantha? She also commented on this post. She's from Calgary too and looking for a venue. Do you have suggestions for her? Smiley smile If you have any advice, you can also comment in her discussion here too: Reception woes.... How many venues did you contact before finding the right one?

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Big city, Montreal! Lots of venues/vendor options, not that many in our budget. But we may be closing in on one.. fingers crossed!

• Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was hard finding something in regina that was cheap and offered more than just a building. We decided to take our business elsewhere and found asessippi weddings! Great price for almost everything we needed. Its a 3 hour drive from town but we love it
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting married in Uxbridge, Ontario, however it is close enough to Durham Region (Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa) to get some great vendors! Also, it is fairly close to Toronto and so some of my vendors are stationed in the GTA. I have all of my vendors booked as of now! WeddingWire has definitely helped me to find several of my vendors!

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got a wedding planner that's taking care of almost everything. Our wedding is quite small, so we only needed to find a restaurant and reserve dinner.

Something someone mentioned recently as an idea for a venue that isn't too expensive is a school gym. Apparently, many schoolboards will rent out the gymnasium for a modest fee and all the other ammenities are already there (bathrooms, kitchen). For anyone on a budget, might be something to look into.

• Stefani
    Curious August 2018 Quebec
    Stefani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm still looking for a venue... I don't want to spend too much but I still want something classy. ..
  • Kenny & Fikayo
    Frequent user April 2017 Alberta
    Kenny & Fikayo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Big city, Calgary. So far, finding vendors has not been too challenging. Finding a venue that wouldnt charge you an arm and a leg, and will let you bring your own caterer was the only challenge. But we did. Thank God! Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im getting married in Burlington fair size city. The venue was easy to find and with the venue comes the DJ and cake. Hair and make up are toronto as they came recommended from family. The outside decorator and officiant is recommend by the venue one is outside of Burlington the other is in Burlington. The dress came from elsewhere.

• Samantha
    Newbie June 2018 Alberta
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a modest budget and have been having a bit of trouble finding vendors and unique enues that are in my budget. I know where I would like to have my ceremony, but if I could just find a place in or near Calgary that is rustic with a kitchen to host the reception, I'd be set. But it's proving to be very challenging.
  • Samantha
    Newbie August 2019 Manitoba
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Minnedosa. Small town but not really anything for vendors. You have to look in the next town/city over to find anything. However, we're planning to DIY for most things.
  • Faith
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Faith ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venue is going to be the park I'm hoping but haven't finalized anything so I'll have to see. Haven't really found too much online. It's been a word of mouth thing for me too. Still looking at different caterers. Not sure though.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Amalgamated city but still very much 5 small towns... Venue was not a problem but there was not alot of choice for caterers on line, it was more a word of mouth thing... There were only three civil officents in the area... The DJ will be coming from Moncton... We are DIYing everything else... I bought my dress in Edmonton.
  • Sharon
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Sharon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought I'd be looking exclusively in Toronto but surprisingly, I found a perfect one pretty much in my backyard! Haven't committed to it yet but it's #1 on my list.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Peterborough, not really a small town anymore but not a large city either. It is still growing but I would say in the middle! I found my venue, flowers, hair stylist, dj and photographer in town! I got my dress, makeup artist and cake elsewhere!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics