Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
VIP April 2019 British Columbia

Beyoncé vows and the like.

Leah, on March 12, 2019 at 22:25 Posted in Famous weddings 0 8

I don’t have the guts to actually include my favourite Beyoncé lyrics in my vows (from "Don't Hurt Yourself", and nsfWW), but it got me wondering:

If you were double dog dared to do it, what song lyrics would you incorporate into your wedding vows?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 14, 2019 at 12:27
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg, i love it

• Bobbi-Jean
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Bobbi-Jean ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I met 10 years ago. I lived in Ontario, he lived in Alberta. We ALWAYS have had a saying that we’ve both agreed to put into our vows. We’re not going to make our own vows, just the traditional ones just add in our 1 promise to each other. “Til the east meets the west”
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I had to choose lyrics to be in my wedding vows to FH, it would be from Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight".

"I feel wonderful because I see
    The love light in your eyes
    And the wonder of it all
    Is that you just don't realize how much I love you"

I just think it's so beautiful Smiley laugh

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From Akon's Right Now (Na, Na, Na): You were my homie, lover, and friend.

When my FH and I first met, I said homie like no tomorrow. Everyone was a homie, much like how my friend called everyone dude. I consider my FH to me my homie, lover, and friend so if I was dared, I'd have the line in my vows lol

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are huge music lovers and concert/festival goers. So to pick just one would be hard but it would have to be something from The Hip. I love the line in long time running -"we don't go anywhere, just on trips" and then I would say something like can't wait to start the trip of a lifetime with you.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVE this, mine would be a David Bowie line for sure - or literally any lyric from "Into my arms" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds ("And I don't believe in the existence of angels / But looking at you I wonder if that's true" - SWOON).

I'm glad we're not doing personalized vows because I think my fiance would have a heart attack from stress (we're not allowed to according to the church we're being married at), but I love writing and I will miss the chance to include really meaningful little details Smiley sad

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We can't read personal vows at the ceremony, BUT, we are writing our own to each other to read!

And mine are sentimental with a side of hilarious and I am so excited for him to read!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't include any song lyrics, but I did sneak in a small reference to Parks & Rec in my vows, I told my DH "I love you and I like you" Smiley heart

If I were dared to include some crazy song lyrics in my vows I'd probably try to work in some DJ Khaled

Me =

giphy.gif

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics