Leah
VIP April 2019 British Columbia

Beyoncé vows and the like.

Leah, on 12/March/2019 at 22:25 Posted in Famous weddings

I don’t have the guts to actually include my favourite Beyoncé lyrics in my vows (from "Don't Hurt Yourself", and nsfWW), but it got me wondering:

If you were double dog dared to do it, what song lyrics would you incorporate into your wedding vows?

Share:

8 Comments

• Erin
    Super May 2020 Ontario
    Erin ·
    View quoted message

Omg, i love it

• Bobbi-Jean
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Bobbi-Jean ·
    My fiancé and I met 10 years ago. I lived in Ontario, he lived in Alberta. We ALWAYS have had a saying that we’ve both agreed to put into our vows. We’re not going to make our own vows, just the traditional ones just add in our 1 promise to each other. “Til the east meets the west”
  • Bianca
    Featured August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·

If I had to choose lyrics to be in my wedding vows to FH, it would be from Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight".

"I feel wonderful because I see
    The love light in your eyes
    And the wonder of it all
    Is that you just don't realize how much I love you"

I just think it's so beautiful

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison Online ·

From Akon's Right Now (Na, Na, Na): You were my homie, lover, and friend.

When my FH and I first met, I said homie like no tomorrow. Everyone was a homie, much like how my friend called everyone dude. I consider my FH to me my homie, lover, and friend so if I was dared, I'd have the line in my vows lol

• Erin
    Super May 2020 Ontario
    Erin ·

We are huge music lovers and concert/festival goers. So to pick just one would be hard but it would have to be something from The Hip. I love the line in long time running -"we don't go anywhere, just on trips" and then I would say something like can't wait to start the trip of a lifetime with you.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·

I LOVE this, mine would be a David Bowie line for sure - or literally any lyric from "Into my arms" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds ("And I don't believe in the existence of angels / But looking at you I wonder if that's true" - SWOON).

I'm glad we're not doing personalized vows because I think my fiance would have a heart attack from stress (we're not allowed to according to the church we're being married at), but I love writing and I will miss the chance to include really meaningful little details

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·

We can't read personal vows at the ceremony, BUT, we are writing our own to each other to read!

And mine are sentimental with a side of hilarious and I am so excited for him to read!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·

I didn't include any song lyrics, but I did sneak in a small reference to Parks & Rec in my vows, I told my DH "I love you and I like you"

If I were dared to include some crazy song lyrics in my vows I'd probably try to work in some DJ Khaled

Me =

giphy.gif

Comment on this discussion

Related articles