Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kimberly
Beginner November 2018 Ontario

Best Online Retailer or Local Stores for Wedding Supplies in Ontario, Canada

Kimberly, on December 19, 2017 at 01:35 Posted in Ontario 1 10

Does anyone have any recommendations for stores in Whitby, Oshawa, Ajax, Pickering, and/or Toronto that have great wedding supplies?

Or any great websites that sell wedding stuff in Canadian dollars? It's been rather frustrating finding all sorts of great products in American online stores, and having to pay exorbitant shipping fees, and then also suffer converting from U.S. to Canadian dollars.

I've already tried doing searches on WeddingWire and The Knot for 'local vendors' in Ontario, and done some filtering, but, I'm not finding much in terms of options.

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kimberly, on January 22, 2018 at 00:08
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome, Rebecca! Thanks so much for sharing... I'm a photographer and have my own business, so that should work out just fine. Smiley smile Very cool. I'm definitely going to check them out. Thanks again!

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is this place I’ve been to in mississauga called Canpol, they have everything from vases, flowers, crystals, ribbons, to cake toppers.
    Great prices too!
    only thing is you need a friend who owns a business (i.e real estate agent, business owner) to go with you as they only sell to businesses.
    I had a friend come with me who owns a restaurant.. and I got my tall vases for $6 each !
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's another great idea, Lynz. It's weird... My mind's kind of been all over the place since I've gotten engaged (but, not because of the engagement - heehee - just lots going on work and life-wise of late) so I've forgotten some obvious places like HomeSense, and Winners. Thanks for reminding me... Take care, and thanks again!

• Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're most welcome.

I have also found many hidden wedding decor items at homesense for great prices. I forgot to mention in my original post!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is awesome, Lynz! Thank you! Creative Bag Wedding is more than just bags (heehee) and are pretty close to us, so we'll be able to check them out in person.

I really appreciate your taking the time to share these links with me. Happy New Year to you too, and thanks again!

• Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is a store in Pickering....off Brock rd and 401...Creative Bag Wedding....its for Decor and ceremony items. They also sell off their site.
    https://www.creativebag.com

Or online....this place is in London Ontario...so not too bad in shipping....The Wedding Shoppe.
    http://www.theweddingshoppe.ca/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA1afSBRD2ARIsAEvBsNlRZSKVHcjCD6md5gi7SuxF1PTMNYYEycOkdtdXPvBfXj2imMB2br0aAlIdEALw_wcB

Hopefully they have some things that work well for you!

Happy new year and happy planning.
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your reply, Jen. I'm looking for lots of wedding-related things: a unity sand ceremony kit (or a place where I can buy the items separately); some decorative accents for the tables (e.g. birch branches/logs, ferns, moss, stones, candles, vases, etc.); a silver, nature-inspired hairpiece, barrette, or veil clip; some custom jewellery; etc.

I've definitely already looked at Etsy, but, obviously the selection from American sellers is much larger, and then you've gotta pay extra for shipping to Canada.

I suppose I was hoping there was some sort of magical online retailer in Canada that I didn't know about that other brides maybe did know, and could recommend. Smiley winking Heehee. Wishful thinking, I know.

I'm sure I'll be able to find most of the things I want eventually... It just may take longer than I would like, and cost more than I'd hoped to pay.

• Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've also been using Etsy and Amazon, thus far, and they've been alright, but, I keep finding great stuff from American Etsy sellers only to have to pay insane shipping fees, and of course, Amazon.ca has a much smaller selection than Amazon.com

I appreciate your suggestions of other places I might not have thought of yet, regardless of whether or not you've personally used them before, so thank you so much for sharing, Candace. I will definitely check out the others.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Etsy and Amazon have been my best friends so far but Party City has some good stuff. I've heard good things about Annie Lane Events and Decor LTD as well but don't have any personal experience with them.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What exactly are you looking for? I've purchased a lot of stuff from Etsy and it's in Canadian dollars. Also BHLDN has some really pretty decor as well. However, it is on the pricey side.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics