Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Devoted May 2020 Ontario

Best man back out

Kelly, on March 3, 2020 at 02:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Wondering how to go about things... our best man backed out and our wedding is in May.. programs are printed everything is done and all with him on it 🤯

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 17, 2020 at 10:32
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its terrible to hear the news and the fact his name is on the program printed. I would consider using white strips available to cover his name or gluing white paper over his name overall. If you have a lot to go through, most of them won't even notice he's not up at the alter with you two. Its just an overlook of which the attention is given to you both as you celebrate your love as one.
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To be honest I’ve never been to a wedding where I could (or cared to) remember the names of the people in the wedding party anyway 🤷‍♀️ I was there for the bride or groom not for them. I wouldn’t stress over it, you have enough to deal with planning a wedding! ❤️
  • Kristian
    Newbie October 2020 Alberta
    Kristian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sorry to hear that! If my MOH or my fiance's BM backs out, I would update our wedding website to let our guests know about the changes to the wedding so there are no surprises during the wedding. No reprinting needed! I think it would save some time, $, and energy trying to change everything. Hipe this helps!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry that happened. Is there any way that you guys can talk to him and get this situation fixed? If not, I would not draw too much attention to it. If someone else is now the BM, I would suggest that they maybe say a little something like "I know you were expecting (insert name here), but you get me instead, which I think is WAY better hahahah" It makes a joke of things while still acknowledging that there was change.

• Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    New best man can say on thr speech something witty.. about him not being whoever the programs say
    No point in re printing stuff
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats horrible what a terrible thing to do so close to the wedding. i would just leave everything as is it will be too much of a pain to change and reorder everything!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if there's time to reorder the programs or do as Samantha suggested and switch to a sign then that is a good option. To me covering them up would draw my attention to the changes that I might not otherwise know about as a guest.

It sucks when people change their mind, but as others have said years from now you won't think about the programs as much as your marriage and how you felt on your wedding day.
  • T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm.. that's a tough one. Was it for a good reason? Did he back out of being best man and is still coming to the wedding? is there bad blood? are you guys jokers?

Personally I'd order a bunch of VOID stickers lol slap them right over his name.. but our wedding is pretty low key, and i'm kind of an ass. hahaha

But for reals.. now that you have the programs printed, is there anyway to load up your design and change the name? Vistaprint, or Zazzle is usually pretty cheap to print.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on the reason for him backing out... I would want it to be known that he left the wedding party... Like, cover it up and replace it with the new best man (assuming that he promoted a GM?) so that people might even ask what's up and you can explain?

At the end of the day though you won't be looking back at pictures of paper you will look back at pictures of you and your DH at your wedding! Sorry to hear he had to back out for whatever reason it was.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a similar situation where I had printed things and had to change them, but nothing as important as the best man. My caterer that was supposed to be making my cupcakes never told me that she was closing her shop, and I had printed the menus for each individual person that had her shop's name on it. So since I had to find a new baker I had to scrap the original menu cards. Now I'm just making a chalkboard menu that'll go near the table seating chart so that I don't have to go through that again, just in case.

I know it'll seem like a waste, but if it bothers you to just leave it or cover it up then you can recycle them and then make a board yourself that has your necessary changes and put it at the beginning of the aisle or entrance or wherever works for you. But like the others have said, I don't think people will be scrutinizing your programs and it will most likely go unnoticed if you don't bring attention to it.

Best man back out 1

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's too bad, sorry that happened to you Smiley sad I agree with Natasha though, maybe you can find a think label or even a really thin marker that's the same colour as your program and cover it up. If you can't I don't think that people will really be counting your wedding party to see who is there and who isn't so worst case scenario, you can leave it for your wedding.

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That freaking sucks. I’m sorry your going through that. You can get a really thin blank label sticker and carefully cover his name / replace it. Or honestly maybe just leave it? Your guests might be confused for a moment but overall I don’t think that’s gonna affect your weddings experience largely.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics