Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maegan
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Best gift for my girls ideas!

Maegan, on September 18, 2019 at 10:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Good morning ladies!
I have a fun question this morning- as a bridesmaid or wedding party member, what is the best gift you've ever recieved?
I'm paying for my girls hair and makeup day of as part of their gift but still want to get them each something more permanent. I have lots of ideas but I thought hearing what other people have actually loved receiving would be a better way to start!

Thanks for the input! Have a great day!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on September 22, 2019 at 01:06
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister bought is a necklace when she got married and two of my friends bought me bracelets for their wedding gifts. Honestly having that time with them was my favourite thing. One of my brides unfortunately has passed away and her bracelet is something I'll always have. Helping her plan her wedding. Planning her stag and doe. Going out for bachelorette are all priceless. I think maybe a letter telling each what she means to you, a thank you for whatever she helped you with a personal chance to tell that person what they have meant to you.... that will beat out any gift.
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here's what I'm doing:

- hair and makeup
    - a tote bag
    - a necklace (and maybe a pair of earrings)
    - a robe
    - a pair of pjs
    - slippers or flip flops
    - a water bottle (flower girl will get a stuffed animal instead)

Everything except the earrings will have their names on them. I'll be doing all of them myself (except the necklaces) to save a little money. I'm opting out of anything that says bridesmaid or bride tribe just because I want them to be able to still use it later (the water bottle could be taken to work, for example).
  • Jessica
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought robes, cups, makeup travel bags, and champagne glasses for my girls. I used them in my bridesmaid proposal, and the champagne glasses will be given at a later date closer to the wedding. They loved the robes and makeup bags particularly.

Best gift for my girls ideas! 1

Best gift for my girls ideas! 2

Best gift for my girls ideas! 3
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought my girls robes, jewelry holders and luggage tags (all matching cactus ones) and i also made them proposal boxes when i asked them to be in my party which had nail polish, hand sanitizer, sunglasses and other random things

• July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I plan on paying for my bridesmaids makeup and I’ll also be giving them embroidered matching robes with a gift bag of accessories for the day of. I’ve already given them bridesmaid proposal gifts so I won’t be doing much more than that.
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also paying for hair and makeup, and thinking to add some eyeshadow palettes, face mask, face cleaning brush, and robes in the "thank you for being my bridesmaid" box! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am also paying for my parties hair & make up - so far I have purchased robes, custom engraved wine glasses with their names & roles (example: Amanda Carvajal - Bride)
    I am also going to be buying them a charmed Aroma candle for each, in addition to either earrings or a necklace for the day of!
    I love the idea of the clutches though! I may think about that instead lol!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Practical gifts are definitely great! (pay for hair/makeup or a part of it) but for permanent gifts, I like having a matching accessory that unifies the bridal party (bracelet, earrings, necklace, etc) especially if they are all in different dresses.

• L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin got me and her other bridesmaid each a coach clutch to carry with us on the big day and I loved that idea. I still use it to this day. In addition she paid for our manicure as well.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have only been in one wedding party, and my sister got us broaches to go on the dresses, and then a pair of earrings to match the dress.

Practical items are the best in my opinion. I am paying for my girls hair and makeup and got them all personalized water bottles. This way the water bottles can be used after because only their first name is on it and not "bridesmaid" or something wedding related

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I paid for my girls hair & makeup, bought them each a robe, and gave them a really small gift with a few bath bombs and a candle in it to go with a sentimental card I wrote. They much preferred me paying for their services than receiving something they would probably not use again or wasn't to their taste.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Practical gifts are great to give your bridal party since they have everything they need. The hair/make-up is something they will appreciate for sure from you. Otherwise, you have nothing more to worry about and to over budget for gifts. They are grateful for everything your giving them and standing by your side at the same time.

When it came time to think about our wedding party of 2 MOHs and 2 BM (Best Men). I used up the shoppers points to get the gifts of 80 perfume sampler for the ladies and Calvin Klein cologne sets for the men. The only thing to pay was the taxes which wasn't much at all. It saved on the budget than spending over $200.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've also never been in a wedding party, if I was I'd appreciate a gift that was practical, i.e. hair/make up, or portion of the dress being paid by the bride.

My sister is my only bridal party member so I paid for her dress, and hair and make up. I also gifted her a robe for the day of, a hanger that says "Maid of Honour", a Sephora gift card, a hand written card and some candy.

I think practical gifts are always appreciated, especially with how much being in a bridal party can cost.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never been in a wedding party - only 22 so I'm the first to get married, but I asked my girls what they would want and they all agreed they would want their eyebrows threaded, sugaring done, or nails done. For the most part all the things that you need you usually buy once you need them so they don't want to waste my money on things like cups or earrings.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics