Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristie Mendoza
Beginner July 2019 British Columbia

Belize (or Maui?)

Kristie Mendoza, on January 8, 2019 at 21:32 Posted in Honeymoon 0 8
Hi has anyone gone to or planning to go to Belize?
My fiancé and I have been to Honolulu in the past and were thinking of going to Maui this time around. But then Belize came up. As much as we love Hawaii, I feel like we could always go on another trip in the future to visit Maui.
Our honeymoon would be end of July for a week. I’m worried about it being “hurricane season” and I get that it’s their rainy season, but they still have pretty high temperatures.

Any input or reviews would be appreciated!! Thank you Smiley smile

8 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 12, 2019 at 17:24
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you make a decision? Both seem like great locations but definitely different experiences.

• Mary
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to belize with friends, I love it ! but honestly I wouldn't know if I would recommend it for honeymoon. Its too quiet at night unless you go to the bars. I feel like you'd have more to do and see in Maui

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Bestie is going there Feb 16-27 with her husband when she returns Belize is where their going. If that helps

• Mary
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to belize with my friends! It was nice but its not so much of a honeymoon spot its more partying and drinking with friends

• Amelia
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Belize is beautiful and there are some good resorts there as well. We did a river tour that picked us up outside a bed and breakfast and went from there. The dolphins chasing us and playing behind the wake of the boat was the best thing ever! We saw monkeys playing in the trees and alligators (crocodiles?) on the banks. We also went to a nature reserve and played with the monkeys. I am not a lizard person but eventually got used to the giant iguanas roaming around. We tend to like adventure vacations as opposed to sitting on a resort sunning ourselves, so it was great for us.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can't say much about Belize, as I've never been there, but my vote would go towards doing something different. Even if it's an experience, and you decide you still like Hawaii better, you will have new experiences/memories made for your honeymoon that's not comparable to any other vacation.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been to belize several times on cruise ships. i have never stayed in a resort there. and i personally wouldn't go back. but again it is a different experience from a ship vs a resort.

you may have to worry about hurricanes. i do find the threat of them is worse for late aug/sept/oct. but since its hurricane season, you usually get a cheaper vacation.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We live in NS and regularly get hit by the end of hurricanes, we have found the worst time to be from mid August to end of October. I know Hurricane season is longer then that but that is usually when we get hit the worst so you could be fine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics