Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner September 2020 Newfoundland and Labrador

Barn wedding at end of September - too cold?

Taylor, on July 14, 2019 at 10:42 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
Hi!
My fiancé and I were thinking of doing a barn wedding! We are getting married on September 26, 2020. I wasn’t too worried about weather because I figured we could bring heaters. However, the barn owner suggested we may want to consider a different date. The problem is, we have already put some deposits down for that date.

Ive researched historical weather near this date and it ranges from 18-25 during the day, and 15-18 at night.

What do do you think?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 26, 2019 at 16:54
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would rent heaters!!!

• T
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea, thanks! I think we can make it work
  • K
    Frequent user September 2024 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you'll be fine! End of September is still lovely weather, and if it's looking like it will be on the cold side you could pick out some cute blankets for guests to use towards the end of the evening like they use on patios in the fall!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that might be a little too chilly. What if it's a really cold night? I personally would be really apprehensive of having a barn wedding in late September.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin got married in a barn towards the end of October. That was cold! I think you’ll be fine. Include it on the invitation so people know to dress warmer or bring an extra sweater.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As somebody with a wedding set for October 5th - I say go for it! Just make sure you have those heaters ready in case it's unusually cold (I will most likely have blankets available as the favours and then bonfires at night).

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin got married in a barn the second week in September last year and the ceremony was chilly, but the reception inside the barn was the perfect temperature. With all the people inside, lighting, dancing and drinks it was warm enough.
    My grandma is usually pretty cold and she was very comfortable.
    It really depends on the barn I think. Have some blankets, let people know ahead of time to bring a sweater and you should be ok!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey date twin Smiley laugh I'm having an outdoor ceremony (*knock on wood*) and think we might bring some blankets just in case. I think the heaters, warm drinks, and dancing bodies in the barn would make it perfectly fine. Is it quite drafty? You can always include a tidbit on your website about dressing for the weather (wearing long dresses, bringing shawls/sweaters, change in footwear, etc.) too. But frankly, if one of our guests doesn't check the weather and wears something completely ridiculous for a fall wedding, on their own head be it.

• T
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Definitely going to get some blankets. A few heaters. We can even serve warm drinks too. I really thought with 80 people and dancing, it wouldn’t be bad at all but since the barn owner is a little worried, I’m questioning things haha.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Could you provide blankets for guests? A wedding I attended was outside in June and they provided blankets to guests.

I think another thing to consider is bugs but by September you should be ok.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics