Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner August 2021 British Columbia

Banff/canmore Elopement!

Ashley, on August 7, 2020 at 14:33 Posted in Alberta 0 6
Hi everyone!

I'm planning on eloping with my fiancè August of 2021! In Banff national park. My parents and my sister will be my witnesses at the ceremony and I will have the photographer and commissioner as well😊 I was wondering if any of you have eloped in banff or canmore and have a good spot to do a quick ceremony? I was really intrested in Tunnel Mountain so we can get pretty photos and it be private, but it's a minimum of a two hour reservation and will cost around $500. We will only need about 20 minutes so I'm not sure if its worth it to actually reserve a space somewhere! Its definitely on the cheaper side for ceremony space we looked at! But with it just being a small gathering I'm not sure it's worth it. Let me know what you think! And if you have some recommendations on specific spots we could go to! Thank you 😊

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 8, 2020 at 14:02
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$500 celebration may be worth it for the package of ceremony and apps/drinks and some proper food. The suggestions given are great and knowing the area.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm going to warn you, while the Rimrock is not as popular as the Fairmont, it is a newer hotel and in my opinion, MUCH nicer so it could be costly. BUT, you'd be right at the base of Sulphur Mountain - seriously, you're steps away from it and wouldn't even need a cab - and they have a gondola that can take you up for photos. You'd also be super close to the cave springs.

If you prefer the Fairmont, one thing you could do to circumvent the food minimum is to rent a suite for one night. It's big enough for all five people and you can get married in the suite in front of windows that oversee the mountain. Bring in your own food from the outside for a simple spread and then take photos around the town. It is costly but it'll definitely be cheaper than their food minimums.
    Good luck!
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! I will definitely take a look!
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the recommendation!!😊 I will definitely take a look at Rimrock! I checked out Fairmont Banff springs and they require a minimum on food and quiet a bit of rules on weddings. I could definitely give them another try though and see if they can customize something for me! Thanks again!!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We seriously considered eloping in Banff and https://elopeinbanff.ca/mobileIndex.php has packages available. All things considered, it was pretty reasonable.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you checked the two giant hotels in the town, the Fairmont Banff Springs and the Rimrock? They both have bar patios that overlook the mountain. If you're going to spend $500, why not get some appys and drinks out of it. I'm sure a hotel would be more than happy to reserve you a patio for half an hour (if you don't mind that the bar is open to other guests who can witness the ceremony).

Since the whole town itself is a national park, you'll need a permit regardless if you're on a mountain or not.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics