Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Newbie August 2021 Alberta

Bachelorette party ideas

Ellysa, on November 12, 2019 at 00:49 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12
I am struggling with what I want to do for my bachelorette party! I need ideas, something that is not insanely expensive and I don’t want to go bar hoping.
Thanks

12 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on November 14, 2019 at 16:46
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about a plant night? or paint night or axe throwing? rent a limo so everyone can drink!! and do dinner downtown at a nice restaurant.

• S
    Newbie February 2020 Ontario
    Sophie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For one of my friends I organized a canoe day trip. We rented from an outfitter that provided everything, they drove us and the canoes up river, and then we landed back at our cars and where we needed to return to. After that we did a car scavenger hunt on our way to supper. It was an awesome day!

• A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some "lower key" bachelorette's i've enjoyed have been spa-related. We did the Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain (I know you aren't in ON- but you could look it up to get an idea of the type of place it is) and it was really fun!!

• Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on your group, something like an Escape room could be fun!

I am also not into the bar scene (37 and the idea of going to a nightclub and doing a checklist sounds like hell lol). My bridesmaids all live in 3 different cities so we're doing 2 separate things - four of my high school friends (2 of my bridesmaids) are going to a Nordic Spa and AirBnBing it for the weekend with wine and chick flicks, and my third bridesmaid and other in town friends are talking about doing a mobile spa at home and potluck dinner. I'm all for low-key, chill time just spent with my girlfriends!

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a cottage weekend on a lake! It will be driving distance for everyone and we will all share the cost of the rental and food which should help. I’m not a big bar person so sangria by the lake sounded perfect!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want a wine night!

I also like the idea of each girlfriend bringing a piece of lingerie that the bride has to try and guess who brought. I'm not huge on party games, but I think this would be a fun drinking game.
    We have a few classy wine bars and restaurants that my girls and I love, or we might hit a winery a few hours away and make a weekend of it.
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a weekend in Blue Mountain! The first night includes our Moms, my grandmother and my aunt, and we will all be going to the Scandinavian spa. The 2nd night is just the younger generation so we can be a little more wild! Overall, the weekend is going to be tame. 😊
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm low key also and don't really like intense nightlife.

I'm actually having "two" bachelorettes because some of the people I invited couldn't be bothered to help plan with my sister and let her know what was/wasn't budget friendly.

So I'm just having a small dinner with the whole group, and then with my sister, FSIL and best friend are going to Niagara separately and doing a winery, an escape room, and staying at one of the cool hotels down there!

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pole Dancing, like Samantha suggested, is a good idea. If you like them, Escape Rooms are pretty fun and not too expensive ($20-30 per person) than you could just have a dinner out.

Also think of ideas of things you like to do in general....Though they haven't told me the final decision, I think my group was playing around with the idea of a D&D one-off adventure (I'm a little obsessed with that game...lol)

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Weekend away at a cottage, wine tasting at home w/ charcuterie, escape room, VR room, spa day, axe throwing, mini putt, game night (board game/drinking game at home), sleepover.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not down for the bar hopping scene either. I think my crew is setting up a long weekend where we'll rent a cottage near a beach/lake and close enough to a vineyard that we can go to for one of the days. I also suggested that we should do a pole dancing class if there happened to be one close enough to wherever we end upSmiley winking

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my bachelorette we went axe throwing, did our DIY paint nite, and then some drinking games before going out to a bar! They would have been fine with a girls night in but I liked going out and showing off that I'm getting married to random strangers Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics