Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Curious October 2018 Nova Scotia

Bachelorette Ideas

Amelia, on August 20, 2018 at 09:30 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9
Hey Ladies!

I'm 46 days away from my wedding!! And now I'm starting to think about what to do for a bachelorette party! My bridesmaids are all for helping me plan it, i just have to come up with an idea/plan.

I dont live near a big city so we dont have strip clubs or alot of bars or pole dancing classes. I'm not a big drinker/partier anyway. 1 of my bridesmaids just had a baby in July and suggested we do some kind of day time activity, my initial plan was to rent a cabin for a night and have a girls weekend. But shes not up for it, understandably.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Peggy, on November 19, 2018 at 07:08
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For mine the girls booked a private room at nicer local restaurant where they had some cute games and we had a nice dinner. Then we went for some drinks at some of the bars and did a scavenger hunt. It was very tame and more just a nice girls night out.

i would say look at it as a girls day. Mani/pedi, nice lunch, game night at someone’s home with some great take out. If some can’t stay overnight because of a new baby (totally understandable) ask he what time she has till and aim to have the bulk done by that time and then carry-on with music, snacks, etc.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just had mine this past weekend. We went to niagara falls and rented bicycles in Niagara on the lake and rode around to different wineries for tastings. It was seriously so much fun!!!! Everybody had a blast! My one bridesmaid is 6 months pregnant and she had an amazing time! My mom and mother in law and my fiances aunt came as well and rented scooters and they all had so much fun too!
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like alot of fun!
  • Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just had my bachelorette last week. We started at 2 in the afternoon and did a corn maze and bowling, ate supper at Boston Pizza, and then went to my (future) sister-in-law's place for a sleepover. We watched a chick flick, played games, munched on snacks, and of course drank alcohol. Smiley smile

One lady has two kids, and joined us for the corn maze and bowling before she had to leave. And lady had a young baby that she brought with her, and she left us after supper.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In that case I would recommend:

DIY Paint Nite

Rent a hot tub

Slip and Slide

Home spa day

Basically an adult birthday party Smiley smile If you are too shy for the stripper then maybe something still a little bit scandalous but less out there would be having a passion party!

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Something low key !
    Strippers arent really my scene lol im way to shy for that stuff
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do an at home Paint Nite? (Obviously a DIY one Smiley tongue )

Or perhaps you could have a movie marathon and keep it low key? How big do you want it - I know that even though I live in the city (Winnipeg) - that I don't want to go out bar hopping but if that was something that you wanted to do and you are just faced with the obstacle of a new mom and living too far from bars then perhaps you could get a stripper to come to you?

What kind of vibes were you wanting?

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I live in a city with a river boat so we had dinner on the river boat, it was super fun. Also got a limo for before and after the cruise. Then we went to a bar afterwards, one of my friends also just had a baby so she skipped that part.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did high tea, wine tasting, a picnic in the park, take out for dinner at an air bnb and an escape room, spent the night at the air bnb and made a big brunch the next day. It was awesome.
    Just some ideas! We had a bunch of non drinkers in the group so they drove everyone else around and still had a fun time Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics