Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Bachelorette Help!

Kelsie, on September 3, 2019 at 12:44 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Hey Ladies!

my sister wants to get a jumpstart on my bachelorette next June and wants to book the place we're interested in so we can get a better deal and get it booked.

its a resort up north in Ontario, so I know it’ll be booked solid for next summer if we keep waiting.

My bachelorette was going to be me and basically some of my FHs family - three cousins and his sister. I have a good friend that I don’t see often but I’m on the fence inviting just because she’s not family ...and I don’t want it to be awkward for her.

My sister has a facebook group put together but the guests (FHs family) have not provided any help, suggestions or any comments at all with respect to this. I know it’s early but she stressed she’s trying to get everyone a good deal and keep costs low. Cost was a huge factor in people being pissed about my FSILs bachelorette a year ago. So I don’t want people to complain.

She hasn't heard from anyone - at all. How should she (we?) approach this. Do I get involved? Do I tell her to just book it and take a dictatorship approach?

I also wonder if i should end up inviting my other friend because I know she would definitely help my sister. Again - just don’t know if it’s awkward having her when it’s all family.

What do you guys think?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on September 12, 2019 at 16:16
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think if it gets bad enough, she will definitely do that, or my FH will step in - it's his family, I don't need to be in the middle of that drama again.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh man that sounds SOOO stressful. like this should be a fun and joyous time! maybe she should text people individually and ask them if theyre coming that way shes not comin on too strong.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd be in serious trouble with my FH's family if my sister ended up being a dictator and kicking people out of the Facebook group lol. We had so many issues (and so much drama) with my FSIL's bach, that we aren't looking to recreate for mine. My sister has resolved the issue for now.

She's given some quotes and people are communicating it seems, albeit at a slow pace - it is what it is I guess.

Thanks for your comment though! Appreciate it Smiley smile

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would send another message in the group and say the resorts book up fast and i plan to put a deposit in on September 20, 2019 and i need to hear from everyone by September XX, 2019 to confirm #'s and cost. if i dont hear from you by September XX, 2019 then i will assume you are not coming and then she should remove them form the group chat. i find someone in each planning has to take the charge or else people just dont really prioritize things and i would def invite my friend! dont leave her out just cuz she doesnt have a title of family! im sure she will make friends and enjoy OR invite a couple friends like 2-3!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There's no Facebook Poll anymore - we are so disappointed, we originally thought it would be super handy.

For a weekend away, we're at just under $200/person for accommodations - so a little bit pricey but we'll be well under the $700 I spent on my FSILs bachelorette.

My sister's reached out twice now.. with no response from the people who have been invited. Super annoying.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1. I would invite the friend. It would be more disheartening to not be invited than to be invited and have it be a little awkward until everybody got more comfortable.

2. Depends on the cost - I would see if maybe she could do a poll on FB as to how much people are able/willing to spend on the bachelorette. I would think the going rate would be $200/person on the high end. But if they don't respond to the poll I would say to have your MOH who is planning it start bugging people to get them to answer. If they screen her then I would say for you to get involved. It's harder to avoid the Bride!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd rather people have an issue with me directly than with my sister, so that's why I'm happy to get involved. I just think it's to the point of being ridiculous.

I agree with you though, I think she should just book it and if people have issues, that's their problem.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So something super similar to this has happened with my sister planning mine. There was NO communication between the bridal party planning the bachelorette, so my sister just went ahead and planned it, and left it up to everyone else if they didn't like anything. It is super difficult to plan when there is no communication, so best thing to do is have your sister reach out to everyone, and basically say this is whats happening, open to suggestions.

Personally, I would not get involved. Whenever anyone said anything, I basically just said to contact my sister because I am not doing any of that planning.

For me it was easier to take a hands off approach because then you aren't caught in the middle of everything

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics