Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sadia
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Bachelorette confusion

Sadia, on July 11, 2019 at 09:27 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6
Hey guys! My wedding is July 10 2020 and I’m driving myself crazy about bachelorette destinations. I didn’t want my MOH to plan it because I’m worried it’s not going to be exactly what I wanted, but now I’m the one annoying myself.

I think I want somewhere by the beach, but has access to good bars and restaurants. At first I was dead set on PEC but it’s too relaxing for my girls. Then, there was Miami. But I’m trying to be affordable for the sake of everyone else, so that got crossed off. Maybe the hamptons? Or nyc? For the love of god I just want to book it and scratch it off my to-do list.

any suggestions? What did you guys do?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Tina, on September 17, 2019 at 22:41
  • T
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Let your MOH plan it and sit back and relax. There are already so many things on your list so my advice is let her know what you absolutely want to do and what you absolutely don’t. Once the night or weekend arrives, be sure to enjoy every moment of it!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im doing a week in mexico 🤷🏼‍♀️ and i also planned it myself. my MOH is helping, but i’m a student so there was only one week i could go, and i know what i want. i put absolutely no pressure on anyone - if they can’t go, no problem. i know it’s a lot of money, but this way they get a vacation out of it.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Becky - unless going away is something the group talked about and ok’d before, I would try to stay local as well.

for my FSIL’s bachelorette last year, her MOH tried to get everyone to go to Costa Rica then Mexico and the BM tried to get the guys to go to Cabo and Miami - no one had the money or the time off work.

For me, I’m doing Niagara on the Lake. We’re going to do some wineries and find either a hotel or AirBnB with a pool.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say do something more local and can still be a beach- I realize this is something you want but compromise on location and think of the fact of what they have to spend and typically they are supposed to cover your costs which will add up fast. Then decorations, extra munchies/foods. They should plan it and you give a feel of what you want but ultimately they plan and decide.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Majority of the time, the bachelorette is not planned by the bride. So I think giving your MOH options, and having her talk to the rest of the bridal party to see what everyone else wants to do. Then you don't have to worry about it at all! I know it is nice to have it crossed off your list, but you have some time to book something and plan.

We are doing a wine tour locally. There is a limo company that stops at 4-5 wineries, and then we will go for dinner, and possibly back out after dinner.

I gave my opinion on the bachelorette and what I wanted, and my sister planned it all. I am literally just showing up!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I decided not to go anywhere - my girls are already paying for their dresses and I'm 21 so it's not like we have money to spend on a big trip... BUT! - my FH's cousin had her Bachelorette party in Las Vegas and it looks like she had an amazing time Smiley smile She also had another one at home with the rest of us that weren't in her wedding party.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics