Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert July 2021 Ontario

Bachelorette!!!

Sarah, on July 2, 2019 at 15:39 Posted in Before the wedding 0 22
What are you guys doing for your bachelorettes?? I think we’re going to be in downtown Toronto for the weekend to celebrate and do usual stuff like dinner and dancing. We live in the country now so I’m really excited for some night life action! Maybe throw in some spa time. What about you guys?

Also, how does the guest list work? Are you inviting friends who aren’t invited to the wedding? Are you inviting anyone from your fiancés side?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on July 4, 2019 at 09:11
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know what I am doing yet if anything, but I think that a bachelorette is a different kind of party where anyone who wants to celebrate can be included. I know for me that I wouldn't be offended if I was invited to the bachelorette but not the wedding.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was thinking about going to my city's cider festival since this year's was such a blast. But they just released the date for next year and it's on one of my bridesmaid's birthdays. She's very into her birthday so I don't want to make it about me instead.

I've been telling the girls I just want to stay at an airbnb with a pool for a weekend so I can float on my avocado pool floaty and relax and have drinks.
    I'm not super into going to bars so it'll probably be pretty low-key

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually had 2 and both were a surprise. my first one with work girls was downtown Toronto. my second one with my bridesmaids was at one of their houses with drinks, games and a pinata!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm hoping to have everything in one place. Venue, ceremony and the night before with my girls. Nothing to wild. The hotel that I want to get married at has a bigger room with a few beds. I'd like to have a sleep over with wine and snacks. Lots of laughs. I don't enjoy bars or crowds so going anywhere would not be fun for me.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for sharing! Love hearing what everyone else is doing
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If we do one, it'll be close to the wedding (think 2 days before lol) since we are all scattered around the province. We won't be doing a whole lot, probably dinner and some drinks, along with maybe a sleepover!

I'm inviting the bridal party, FH's bestwoman's wife, and some other friends that are local and/or would be able to come to London 2 days beforehand.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to a winery for lunch and a wine tour, then back to my moms house for board games lol. Very low-key (like me).

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I live in the country also, were going to Niagara falls for the usual excitement too. Bars, food, fun, I think they have some scavenger hunt planned and going to see local sites. The guest list- I gave them who I wanted to come to it and they invited them all through facebook group to see who could make it- giving prices upfront and asking budgets. Everyone on the list was invited to either the whole wedding day or reception. I didn't invite anyone really from his side just friends.

Because some girls didn't want to come due to kids- they had planned one local and invited who they wanted including his side as his sister planned it. I think its canceled though due to issues with one of the bridesmaids- sucks on my end because didn't do anything wrong but get she doesn't want to chance anything after hosting one recently and things going horrible.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The bachelorette I don’t see a problem with inviting people who aren’t invited to the wedding. The bachelorette is a party, so guests are not bringing gifts.
    That being said, I don’t like big crowds so I stuck with the women who were also invited. But not all; my bridesmaids, wife of a groomsmen and sisters-in-law. And my MOH invites my mom and mil to the bachelorette but it was fine. We went to a dinner theatre.
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think I'll be having one tbh. No one has expressed interest in planning anything for me. My bridal shower was fun though! Smiley smile

If i do have a bachelorette party I would love a spa day, or even just to go for a nice supper and get drinks and relax and talk about love stuff haha Smiley smile im pretty simple. I wouldn't mind going to a club but I would want my FH to meet us there after awhile and party with us.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Planning a two part one - the AM portion will be an Amazing Race style day in the mountains ( wanted to be able to include my junior bridesmaid (future step daughter) and flower girl (future sister in law) so AM is family friendly and then the PM will be games drinks dancing and debauchery as my bridesmaid keeps referring too haha. Although I am pretty mellow so I don't expect it to be super crazy, just getting dolled up and going out!

I was told over and over again to NOT invite anyone who is not invited to the wedding. Which makes sense. So from there I just went through all the ladies invited to my wedding and decided who among them I would want to have fun with as obviously not close with everyone. A few are girlfriends on my FH side of the wedding invites (but more like mutual friends).

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did not want to go downtown anywhere to clubs or bars or anything like that. I didn't want those stereotypical bachelorette things.
    So my girls rented a Lakehouse and planned a bunch of bridal games with prizes. We had photo props, had a BBQ dinner that one of my bridesmaids did (so delicious!!), lots of wine, and once the sun went down we had a fire by the lake and some s'mores and more wine! It was absolutely amazing. The only people invited were my 3 bridesmaids, MOH and her gf. I think it's rude to invite someone who is not invited to the wedding so I'd avoid that.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going all out and doing a week in Mexico in February! I cannot wait!!! I love hearing what everyone else is doing today celebrate; so much fun!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far I'm thinking Hot Yoga, Manicure/Pedicure if it's close enough to the wedding, supper, and then bar/pub hopping!

As for who I'm inviting - all the people that want to come! This include BM's cousins, and friends who aren't invited to the wedding and have expressed wanting to party!

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is planning a weekend away at Blue Mountain in November! So far I have my wedding party invited, the wife of my FH's groomsman, my FH's sister... And I'm totally torn about inviting my Mom and future MIL.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh gosh I have no idea yet! My best friend is my MOH, we haven't really discussed it yet but as far as I know she's planning it. Not sure what they have in mind but I just said no strippers or strip clubs lol not really my thing.

As for guest list, probably my ladies from my side and the gf's/wives of whichever teammates he invites since I really like them anyway. Neither of usreally have family to invite so it's really just the friends.

If you want a fun Latin place, Lula Lounge has dinner and a dance lesson and then has a live band every Friday and Saturday night. Even if it's the start of the party and you club hop or something.

Have fun dt!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going on a Wine Tour in NOTL, and then possibly going out after the tour is complete for dinner and some drinks afterwards.

I have left the planning of the Bachelorette up to my sister (MOH). So she is doing the guest list. Pretty much anyone in either side of the family who wants to come, can come. It is celebrating you, so whoever you want to come should be there!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Enjoy your party weekend in Toronto for the bachelorette.

As for the guest list when i created it, majority of the family was from my side as less from his side though some couldn't make it due to health issues and one couple staying home with their new born at the time. His whole family was invited though for sure.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that’s exactly it. Thanks for the suggestion maybe I will do that then!!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are they not coming because you’re having a smaller wedding? If so, I think it works to say (if it ever comes up) I’d love for you to celebrate at my bachelorette with me, however we are having an intimate wedding, so the guest list is extremely small.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds nice!! Yeah I don’t think that’s the norm but there’s one or two people that I’d like there but aren’t coming to the wedding.. so I dunno.. have to figure that one out
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing niagara on the lake! I’m inviting my MOH (obviously haha), my FHs cousin’s that I made close with, my good friend and my FHs sister.

I wouldnt invite someone that wasn't invited to the wedding, personally.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics